What's new

The Mystery Of Gray Hair?

Why is it my gray hair now extends downward from the top of my head downwards,excluding my armpits, until my upper chest, but my youthful hair color still remains from my chest downwards on my body ? .....Something I've always wondered about??

One of the mysteries of old age?

Grey hair is due to a change in the production of melanin which is partly due to age, but also your genetics and your current health.

Body hair for Caucasians, at least, tends to turn grey later than hair on the scalp. As time goes on, a larger percentage of grey will usually appear.

My hair is now white down to my waist. Below that it is still brown. But an odd thing is happening. The hair is disappearing from my legs and feet. My neurologist says it’s because of my neuropathy. I thought that’s a bit of relief. That means the hair on my face is likely to stay as it is and I can keep on enjoying my morning shave. Imagine if the hair on your face fell out and didn’t come back?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Grey or Gray? Doesn't matter, I've got it all over. When you've got it on your knuckles or nose hair you know your time is short.

Gray hair is an old wives' tale. Probably because the new white hair mixed in with the original dark hair make it look gray. :001_tt2:

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Benjamin Franklin, writing advice for young men, noted that in women the "humours" which keep the skin and hair looking youthful tend to leave the highest point of the body first.

Now, for sure his advice was aimed in a different direction -- but sauce for the goose may be sauce for the gander?

O.H.

Why is it my gray hair now extends downward from the top of my head downwards,excluding my armpits, until my upper chest, but my youthful hair color still remains from my chest downwards on my body ?

I like to think of it as the human analogue of a Tuxedo knot: Dark on the bottom, light on top. :biggrin1:

proxy.php

Top Bottom