What's new

The my loss is your gain PIF

And on my 500th post I've decided to give back a little of the joy that this forum has provided to me over these last 6 months.

So here's the deal. This forum is filled with a bunch of enablers and I'm pretty loose with the purse-strings (not a good combo) so over the last 6 months, I've bought a bunch of shaving stuff. Some of this stuff has been great, and some, not so much. This PIF is a combination of the 2. Some of this stuff is brand new, and never been used. Some of it has been used, but sparingly, or I picked up a product I like more. Some of this stuff is stuff I love and want to share it with the community. Pretty much I just need to do a den clearing and would rather make someone really happy rather than trying to sell this stuff back off.

So what stuff are we talking about, well here's a picture:

As you can see, it's a full kit. A really nice kit, if I say so myself.

What's in it:

- Sample of shaving oil from Maggards - Never really got into the shaving oil, never been opened
- Tin of Mike's Bay Rum Shaving Soap - Never used, I LOVE Mike's and realized I hate Bay Rum (it's the cloves, yuck)
- Captin's Choice Ray Rum Aftershave - Used once, see above
- Thayers Witch Hazel (alcohol and non-alcohol) - Never used, I prefer the Lemon and Super Hazel varieties
- Nivea Aftershave Balm - New and awesome stuff, sharing my love
- 3 Blade tucks - Some of my favorites
- Parker Silver Tip Brush - Used for a month or so, I liked it but I got other brushes I like better, needs a good home
- Razorock Little Bastone - New and I bought it specifically to give away and complete this kit. I love this little razor and want to share my open comb love with others

Who can participate:

This is open to anyone in the CONUS (sorry to the international folks) and hasn't tried at least 2 of the above products. Also, none of this stuff should end up on the BST forum. You can PIF it yourselves or even trade stuff, but please don't try and make a quick buck on this stuff. Thanks.

How to participate:

Post "I'm in", list the 2 or more products that you've never used before, and which product you're most excited about trying.

Your post should look like this :

I'm In

Voskhod
Mike's soap

I'm really interested in trying Mikes

How long will the PIF run:

Feb 28th, 2014 11:59pm PST

How will the winner be picked:

On March 1st, a person will be selected using Random.org and a winner will be announced

Good luck to everyone entering, and thanks again for the great experience here.

Im in first :) thanks for the opertunity

thayers
voskhod

i am really interested in the thayers

also i have never tried an open comb that is exciting

Last edited:
NOT in, but great PIF.

I want to try the Nivea and the RR Bastogne someday, but have plenty of shave stuff. Good on ya for your support.

I'm in!

Thayers
Personna

Really keen on trying the Razorock Little Bastone!
Great PIF! Thanks for the chance.

I'm in! I've never tried ANY of those, being new still.

I'm excited to try the Voskhod and Mike's (I couldn't pick just one to single out)

Thanks!

I'm in

Tin of Mike's Bay Rum shaving soap
Razorock Little Bastone

Razorock Little Bastone since I've never used an open comb design

Thanks for the opportunity

I'm In!

Voskhod
Mike's soap

I would love to try the Mike's soap. I love the smell of Bay Rum.

Very generous PIF Steve. Thank you for the opportunity.

I'm in.

The only item I've tried is the Nivea.

I'm most intrigued by the Captains, but I really want to try the Razorock open comb!

Thanks for the opportunity.

I'm in!

Razorock Little Bastone
Mike's Shaving Soap
ETA: I also haven't tried anything else on the list other than the Nivea, which is a wonderful ASB!

I'm particularly interested in the Little Bastone, since I've only been into DE shaving for about six months and haven't tried anything but my DE89.

Thank you for offering the generous PIF!

Last edited:
I'm in for any PIF so I can eventually do the same.

Can't list 2 or more because I have never tried any of them.

Most excited to try the Bay Rum.

I'm not in but I want to commend you on this great PIF. Especially purchased a little Bastone to complete the kit. Personally, I consider you a friend already....nice job!

Wow! This is awesome and very generous of you!
In in and the only thing ive tried is the Captains, got a sample
Really interested in trying the
Mike's
Razorock Little Bastone

I'm in
Voshkod
Razorock Little Bastone

I'm really interested in trying the Parker sliver tip brush since i never used any silver tip brush and it just looks fantastic.

Top Bottom