What's new

The most you've spent

I bought the Cobra Classic for $125.

Last year I bought a NOS #66 for $75. (First time I mentioned the price here)
My dream razor used at least 3 times a week.

I have a couple that cost me.....

Brit #21 Set bought on the BST for $187

Brit #16 Set bought on the BST for $168

Near Mint New Standard Set bought from a member for less than $100
proxy.php

The best deal I ever got was on a WWI Khaki Set that I bought off the Bay for a measly $6!!! The handle has minor cracks but nothing that is longer than a 1/4 inch. (Pictured in the center)
proxy.php

Most I've paid is 28 for my 34C but the best deal I've got on a vintage was my $10 H2 Slim that is in amazing shape. Oh AND the case!

I just bought my first razor yesterday from an antique shop. $15 for a Gillette Fatboy (E4 - 1959), in the case.
proxy.php

Last edited:
$245 for a Pils that arrived yesterday. Only one shave so far, but it's a terrific razor.

I'd probably pay $250-$300 for a good Double Ring when one shows up.

My best deal was a near mint Fatboy in a junk store. $7. :smile:

I'll admit I can understand why everyone paid what they did for some of their razors. In great condition, hard to come by, I just don't know if I could do it myself. I might have to do the "Honey do you know what I'd really like for Christmas/birthday/anniversary/etc?" route. Then she'd see how much they were and think I was completely crazy. Even more so then she does now.

My initial reaction to what some people have paid for individual razors is "you've got to be kidding". But then, I know exactly how much all the razors I've bought add up to, even though a number were under $5, and most were less than $20. I'm not saying what the total is here, but it's kind of ridiculous to somebody who doesn't share my interests. So my second reaction is "yes, I understand".

My initial reaction to what some people have paid for individual razors is "you've got to be kidding". But then, I know exactly how much all the razors I've bought add up to, even though a number were under $5, and most were less than $20. I'm not saying what the total is here, but it's kind of ridiculous to somebody who doesn't share my interests. So my second reaction is "yes, I understand".

100% agree with you!

My birthday is coming up in June...I may have to ask SWMBO for a nice shiny double ring or bulldog! :thumbup:

I'll admit I can understand why everyone paid what they did for some of their razors. In great condition, hard to come by, I just don't know if I could do it myself. I might have to do the "Honey do you know what I'd really like for Christmas/birthday/anniversary/etc?" route. Then she'd see how much they were and think I was completely crazy. Even more so then she does now.

This above comment is why I am single and I dont have to ask before I spend big bucks on a razor that I want oh so badly. Not saying your situation is a bad thing, I am just happy to be single and not tied down.

May I suggest that a change in perspective may help. Approach an acquisition as an investment not an expense and the idea may sell itself..... :biggrin:

Top Bottom