What's new

The Most Expensive Brush You Own?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Definitely still on the hoof.
As they say, it is darkest just before the dawn. So it is with the cost of teenagers. You see them getting bigger and more independent and you realise it is almost over and that you soon might have discretionary income for the first time in 20 years but then before they leave for good they damn nearly finish you off by discovering the university.

Probably my brushguy ouomo lotus manchurian shd badger fan brush

With taxes and shipping it is way over a 100 euros combined.

Rofl and serious thinking about ripping a tuxedo out of another one and replacing it by the same badger

Attachments

• 8255B3F9-00D7-4893-A009-A9A726E8D06E.jpeg
    8255B3F9-00D7-4893-A009-A9A726E8D06E.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 18
My most expensive brushes are my 2-band Thater 4125/2 and 4125/1. However last year, I had Rudy (who lives not far from me) replace a 3-band Rooney knot in a T&H handle with a 2-band Shavemac. I'm all for replacing a knot before buying a new brush. I tried but can't load the pics.

Last edited:
My Paladin El Dorado. I waited a long time and did a lot of research (that means stalking our community Brush threads) before deciding. Then when I saw the color, I was running to the other room to get my credit card. I’m in love with this brush, the handle looks amazing and just feels right, the knot is exceptional and the performance makes me giggle like a 5 year old...what could be better than feeling like a 5 year old on Christmas morning, every time you use a brush.
337AE065-1997-4CCA-B176-F4E3109D5939.jpeg
7EE4E49C-8362-4655-9A93-89A569807690.jpeg

My Paladin El Dorado. I waited a long time and did a lot of research (that means stalking our community Brush threads) before deciding. Then when I saw the color, I was running to the other room to get my credit card. I’m in love with this brush, the handle looks amazing and just feels right, the knot is exceptional and the performance makes me giggle like a 5 year old...what could be better than feeling like a 5 year old on Christmas morning, every time you use a brush.View attachment 1257316View attachment 1257317
What knot does it have, the Paladin knots are a little confusing

linty1

My wallet cries.
I don't know about cost, as it's been... 8-9 years now but my then gf (now wife) bought me a thater... I beleive? It was a 4125/1 in fan. Almost doesn't matter how much it costs because it sorta means more you know? I'll get a photo when I go back upstairs later

Having said that, some amazing looking brushes!

2CLNF7
Knot notes on the Paladin site state delivered 10/19 - 7/20. Classified/grouped with similar knots: 2CLNJ6, 2CLNL6, 2CLNA7, 2CLNE7, and 2CLNG7. It says they were made to same SPECs by same Producer so only minor variations between them. I’m “knot” very smart about the different Paladin knots but I love it and certainly wouldn’t mind finding another handle/color with any knot from that grouping.

Top Bottom