What's new

The Moment You Realized....

Interesting. Thank you.

Again, my pleasure.:) It's all based on personal observation/experience and information culled from various posts on the web (which I tend to agree with).

My apologies for the typos and redundant wording of the last post. I was writing hurriedly and did not proofread.

Back on topic! The BST thread hasn’t helped.
Maybe two/three months into this DE shaving lark ;
3 brushes
3 soaps
2 razors
Several blade samples
Stirling soap samples
CC AFtershave samples

Just had a package arrive from the BST thread with 4 more soaps, sample soaps, balms, more blades.....

I’m running out of room

A few weeks ago, while I was outside doing yard work, my wife decided to organize a little used linen closet. (3 grown children out on their own) However, that linen closet was where I stored my "extra stuff". Mainly a shoebox with 100s of blades and most of my creams, soaps, aftershaves, spare brushes, etc. So......I come in the house and spread out on the kitchen table was ALL my hardware & software. She took a pic of it and slapped it on the PC display as a background. Says it's a reminder that if I'm even tempted to order anything until this stuff is used up, just to stare at the screen and come to my senses. She may be right, but there's this corner in my basment that...........OUCH! Thanks a lot for letting her sneak up on me fellas!View attachment 884848 View attachment 884849
Have you taken a photo of her shoes (or purses or makeup) or whatever it is? I suggest that you fight fire with fire Sir!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I got into it to save money and get a better shave. I stayed cause it allows me to have 20-30 minutes of Me time out of my hectic day.

For me I think it started when I gave myself a really bad shave with a cartridge. I Googled how to stop razor burn and wet shaving came up. I bought a razor (Weber) and before it could come my Mother-in-law gave me her Father's Gillette Slim. I bought two Frank Shaving badger brushes on ebay and Cella, some MWF and Proraso on the web.

Now I am starting to reverse the damage, I am selling most of my razors going to try to get to a reasonable number as soon as possible!

I also have a rule for buying soap, I can't purchase any soap unless I use up at least three soaps. I hope to get my collections under control soon. I would like to have a minimal setup but worry I won't be able to make it happen (I have been having trouble culling the herd beyond this:
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It was actually today in my garage where I started working on yet another shelf for the bathroom yesterday.

While I was removing the clamps and scraping glue ooze out I was wondering exactly how to incorporate razor and brush storage into them, but I haz an idea...

Getting into wet shaving was an accident of sorts. Once I got started it became a way of life.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I discovered when I bought 6 vintage DE’s in a month. But I honestly don’t care, it gives my life color. Holding a 60-80 year old immaculate shaving tool is just too awesome. And in this age of throw-stuff-away-and-buy-new this hobby is the perfect antidote.

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never came into this to save money. For me, it was just wanting to have a decent shave that did not lead to razor bumps, razor rash, and ingrown hairs.

Once good shaves became my reality, it was only natural to acquire what I could afford. We are currently in a new golden era of shaving where software and hardware is readily available for all skin types, razor preferences (straight, DE, SE), brushes (Badger,Boar, Synth), soaps, croaps, creams etc,etc.

I may not be able to afford everything, but I do like what I have. If I don't like it, I give it to one of my converts.

marty

What was the moment, or the purchase, that made you realize you'd moved from wanting to save a few bucks or get a better shave...to full on obsession or maybe mild addiction to shaving? Was it joining this forum? Buying a stainless razor? Acquiring a really nice brush, or three? Maybe it was paying $18 for a puck of soap? Was it self discovery, or did a loved one suggest an intervention? Perhaps the realization you have more razors than days in the week? What was your moment? :)

After being on B&B for less than a week and had 500 DE blades in the postal system on the way to me was the start.

I had to face it after I completed my shave cathedral

proxy.php

Initially I was fed up with mach III prices but when researching on here before I ever ordered my first puck of col conk i knew in short order it was going to be a wild ride. Spending more now then what mach III blades were but at least I'm now enjoying myself.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I feel sorry for you all. You're some very sick puppies. There may be no cure but there may be hope.

Take the rabbit hole test if you so choose> upload_2018-5-1_15-43-59.png

After being on B&B for less than a week and had 500 DE blades in the postal system on the way to me was the start.

I had to face it after I completed my shave cathedral

proxy.php

That really does look like Shave Chapel Sanctuary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom