What's new

The Moment You Realized....

What was the moment, or the purchase, that made you realize you'd moved from wanting to save a few bucks or get a better shave...to full on obsession or maybe mild addiction to shaving? Was it joining this forum? Buying a stainless razor? Acquiring a really nice brush, or three? Maybe it was paying $18 for a puck of soap? Was it self discovery, or did a loved one suggest an intervention? Perhaps the realization you have more razors than days in the week? What was your moment? :)

This is just too good. Just this morning the Wife had a discussion with me. I guess I have a problem with SAD. Was A 15 min Lecture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Financial dooms:
1. Discovering there are other soaps besides modern Williams and the Wilkinson Sword tub
2. Discovering loads of DE options, both modern and vintage
3. Discovering straights
4. trying to figure out how to hone

On the road to recovery:
1. The 3017 thread
2. The annual Sabbatical thread
3. Discovering Injectors (no more DEs in my den, and only 1 western straight, 1 kamisori, 1 Feather AC)

Financial dooms:
1. Discovering there are other soaps besides modern Williams and the Wilkinson Sword tub
2. Discovering loads of DE options, both modern and vintage
3. Discovering straights
4. trying to figure out how to hone

On the road to recovery:
1. The 3017 thread
2. The annual Sabbatical thread
3. Discovering Injectors (no more DEs in my den, and only 1 western straight, 1 kamisori, 1 Feather AC)

I’m curious to which 1 western straight, 1 kamisori and 1 feather AC that you decided to keep. I can hardly narrow down my razors to 5 in each category.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
@Westonned Ask and ye shall receive!

Note: I also have a Sensor and an as-yet-unused Mach-3

Top: Azuma kamisori
Bottom (L-to-R): The Limey Batman! (Feather AC SS), Hydro-magic injector I2 (daily driver), Wapienica (my 1st straight)
full

I realized when looking at my bank account and thinking "I could eat Ramen this week and get a British Aristocrat and an SOC...."

It's when you need more shelving rather than fewer razors. When i switched to straight razor shaving from using DE's any pretense of saving money vacated the building. You get serious about brushes, soaps and all.
The fact i bought myself a Koraat for Xmas was not frugal but it shaves great :D

T

A few weeks ago, while I was outside doing yard work, my wife decided to organize a little used linen closet. (3 grown children out on their own) However, that linen closet was where I stored my "extra stuff". Mainly a shoebox with 100s of blades and most of my creams, soaps, aftershaves, spare brushes, etc. So......I come in the house and spread out on the kitchen table was ALL my hardware & software. She took a pic of it and slapped it on the PC display as a background. Says it's a reminder that if I'm even tempted to order anything until this stuff is used up, just to stare at the screen and come to my senses. She may be right, but there's this corner in my basment that...........OUCH! Thanks a lot for letting her sneak up on me fellas!
P1020599.JPG
P1020635.JPG

I think that the real upside is twofold- 1. My wife hasnt figured it out yet because she hasn't looked under my sink, & 2. I am able to get home before her and race the boxes to under my sink.

Top Bottom