What's new

The MMA Thread

I am with Chris on the Aldo trying to give Faber a cheap shot...didn't see it that way. I found fault in the ref not separating and standing the fighters but that was about it.

Tito Ortiz was jailed early Monday morning I believe for an alleged attack on Jenna Jameson. He's now claimed she's addicted to drugs. This could explain why he's mysteriously absent from any upcoming fights.

Tito Ortiz was jailed early Monday morning I believe for an alleged attack on Jenna Jameson. He's now claimed she's addicted to drugs. This could explain why he's mysteriously absent from any upcoming fights.

Likely. Looks like Jenna's own Father is backing Cheato. I hope everything works out for all involved. As much as I think Tito is a DB I hate to see anything bad happen to any couple and their families.

Jenna Jameson--on drugs???:confused1

:001_tt2:

I am with Chris on the Aldo trying to give Faber a cheap shot...didn't see it that way. I found fault in the ref not separating and standing the fighters but that was about it.

I still haven't seen it. Its starting to sound more like an honest mistake than a cheap shot.

Machida/Shogun II coming up this weekend....Any predictions?

Thats a tough one.

Reading interviews with both fighters makes me wonder.
Machida says he isn't doing anything different, he is just training for another fight. I was kind of hoping that he was going to say that he has been training on how to defend leg kicks.
Shogun said that he has a different strategy. He last strategy seemed to work pretty well for him.

I want Machida to take it, but if the same Shogun (in shape, good plan, stick to the plan, etc.) shows up that showed up last time I think he takes it.

It is a tough call, isn't it? Whatever Machida and Rua are planning, they probably aren't going to share it with us before the fight. I think that they're both fighters who can rise to an occasion like this. It's going to be a good one.

It is a tough call, isn't it? Whatever Machida and Rua are planning, they probably aren't going to share it with us before the fight. I think that they're both fighters who can rise to an occasion like this. It's going to be a good one.

Agreed. Personally I have huge respect for Machida but for the average fan he is boring to watch. I think there is more money in it for the UFC if Shogun wins. As far as who will actually win, I think either could pull it off.

Agreed. Personally I have huge respect for Machida but for the average fan he is boring to watch. I think there is more money in it for the UFC if Shogun wins. As far as who will actually win, I think either could pull it off.

I want Shogun to win because I want Anderson Silva out of middleweight.

Machida/Shogun II coming up this weekend....Any predictions?
Shogun will beat him this time around, I wasn't so sure he didn't the first time. I want to see Machida fight off his back. The first fight proved that Shogun had an answer for Machida's stand up.

+1
I want to see this fight. Unless Shogun hospitalizes Machida it won't, "rematch/rubber match III".

Kind regards,

An excellent reason for wanting Shogun to win (among others) my friend! :001_smile

Though I am neither a Machida nor a Shogun fan (not to a huge extent at least), I'd rather see Shogun win because he is simply more exciting to watch. Machida's style is not as interesting to watch imho.

I do think if Shogun wins that there will be a rubber match, however, I'm not certain it will happen immediately. Maybe down the road a year or so.

I'm very interested in seeing the Daley v. Koscheck fight also. I would love to see Daley knock Kos out, but I'm not sure Daley is well rounded enough to handle Kos at this point in his career. Kos is a very talented fighter. But I hope Daley KO's him! :thumbup1:

Shogun will beat him this time around, I wasn't so sure he didn't the first time. I want to see Machida fight off his back. The first fight proved that Shogun had an answer for Machida's stand up.

+1
I want to see this fight. Unless Shogun hospitalizes Machida it won't, "rematch/rubber match III".

Kind regards,

If Shogun wins, you will eventually see a rubber match, but if either one wins by TKO, KO or submission there will not be an immediate rematch, or if it's a destructive decision.

Forrest is out of UFC 114. That sucks, I was really looking to his fight with Lil Nog. :mad3:

I was to. :mad3:

Who wants to see Kimbo KO Matt Mitrione? Mitrione is such a DB. :thumbdown

Sure why not. I don't care for Kimbo but I like Matt even less.

:lol::lol:

I'd still like to see a Machida/Silva fight though. It would either be "Last Dragon" cool or a total snoozer!

You didn't just make a Last Dragon refrence dd you?!?

:yesnod:

proxy.php

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Top Bottom