What's new

The MMA Thread

They reckon he might be off for six month now, his leg is so jacked up.
He was using a cane backstage.

I think they should match up like this:

Poirier vs Charles Oliveira - for the vacant lw title

Chandler vs Gaethje - winner gets a title shot

Hooker vs Ferguson/Conor

Hell of performance by Usman. Specially after almost getting finished in the 1st. Burns could've been more patient there.

What a fight between Marquez and pitolo, wow.

Legion

Staff member
It'll be interesting to see how Issy goes as a light heavyweight. On Joe Rogan he said he walks around at 200 pounds. Blachowicz probably is closer to 230 before the cut.

Also, if he wins will he be champ champ, or vacate the middleweight belt, because Usman reckons he might go up if he vacates.

It'll be interesting to see how Issy goes as a light heavyweight. On Joe Rogan he said he walks around at 200 pounds. Blachowicz probably is closer to 230 before the cut.

Also, if he wins will he be champ champ, or vacate the middleweight belt, because Usman reckons he might go up if he vacates.
It's adesanyas attitude that I never liked. I hope Jan knocks him the hell out.

Also. How convenient for Israel. He finally moves up to lhw after talking all the trash to jones. But never went up while Jon was champ. Dude has great skills, but he's a clown.

Legion

Staff member
It's adesanyas attitude that I never liked. I hope Jan knocks him the hell out.

Also. How convenient for Israel. He finally moves up to lhw after talking all the trash to jones. But never went up while Jon was champ. Dude has great skills, but he's a clown.

I guess that's the same as Usman saying he will go up only if Issy vacates the belt. If he was really serious why not just fight at his natural weight and try to win the middleweight belt? That would be a Nigerian super fight I would like to see.

Sad news from chimaev. I hope he fully heals.
Screenshot_20210301-202015_Instagram.jpg

I only watched the main card

Sucked to see Thiago Santos lose. I guess he's not the same after the knee surgery.

Respect to Dober for trying to keep active while he was getting outgrappled by makachev. Man, Islam is a beast on the ground. This is the second time I see him fight.

I can't believe people thought aljo was faking the damage from that blatant illegal knee. Not sure how yan didn't notice. It was a well deserved dq. Hopefully Sterling recovers.

Amanda nunes continues to steamroll her competition. Not even sure who's next for her, that will actually give her a challenge.

Nice to see Jan finally get the respect he deserves. Adesanya has no ground game it seems. Could potentially be the blueprint for his future opponents. Looks like glover is next for Jan.

Legion

Staff member
Islam looks to be the new Khabib, I reckon. We’ll see when he gets more fights, but there are more than a few similarities.

Izzy said that muscles don’t win fights. Well, when you are getting pinned to the ground and smashed by a guy with twenty pounds on you, I guess they can.

Some really good fights last night. What a shame in the main event.

They really have to figure out the gloves situation. Trevor Whitman has a design. But I don't know what's stopping the ufc from using them

Legion

Staff member
Some really good fights last night. What a shame in the main event.

They really have to figure out the gloves situation. Trevor Whitman has a design. But I don't know what's stopping the ufc from using them
UFC wont use them unless they have the exclusive paten, which obviously the maker does not want to give them.

So, besides being easy on the eyes, does anyone give Tate a chance to "earn" a shot against Nunes? I figure two wins should be PLENTY for her to secure a title shot, but does anyone think Amanda is "beatable"?

So, besides being easy on the eyes, does anyone give Tate a chance to "earn" a shot against Nunes? I figure two wins should be PLENTY for her to secure a title shot, but does anyone think Amanda is "beatable"?
Nope

Nunes put her away in 2 minutes when they fought. I don't see how she beats her after being away from fighting for 5yrs.

Also, it really sucked to see Stipe lose on Saturday night. I was really hoping he would win and retire. Francis seems like a humble guy, but it was definitely bittersweet.

I guess I'll take my crow plate now. I was one of those people that was convinced that Francis hadn't really improved much since their 1st fight.

Because his 4 wins after that were in the 1st round. And he just windmills the hell out of his punches in those fights hoping something lands. Plus his cardio wasn't, and I still think it hasn't been tested imo.

But power is the equalizer, and he has plenty of it.

I think woodley is done. You can't just spam and hope that overhand right lands without a backup plan.

I still hope Stipe calls it a day . . . he's had a stellar career, made a fair bit of $$$ (and I hope he's been smart with it), and he has a good career to go back to. He's closing in on 40 and there is no good reason to risk his health any further.

But . . . not my call.

Re: Woodley. I agree . . . adapt of fall behind, and he has not adapted.

Tate is tough as they come and, who knows? Maybe she has seen something in watching Nunes? Or, maybe she just wants another big payday? I'd like to see 2 fights for here first just to see what she has left.

Last nights card.. wow just wow.

Usman vs Masvidal - never would I have thought that usman was gonna KTFO him. That was amazing. I mean he's basically finished the top guys in the division. Not sure who's next for him. I'm thinking colby because that fight (at least to me was 2-2 going into the 5th. But usman broke his jaw and finished him. So who knows

Zhang vs Rose - Another great KO. I bet my friend that Rose was gonna win. In my mind, I didn't think rose would lose to Weili, simply because she KO'd Joanna and dominated her in the rematch. While Zhang won, she was still getting pieced up by Joanna.

Valentina vs Andrade - not much to say here honestly. I still believe that division is very shallow. And that Shevchenko is a huge fish in small pond. I don't see anyone in that division beating her anytime soon.

Hall vs Weidman- that was so unfortunate. And even though I never liked Weidman, I felt terrible that the fight ended that way. I hope he fully recovers. The similarities to the silva break are uncanny. And no, I don't think it was karma at all (can't believe some people actually think that)
Ezy_T5oXsAAx72g.jpeg

Legion

Staff member
Last nights card.. wow just wow.

Usman vs Masvidal - never would I have thought that usman was gonna KTFO him. That was amazing. I mean he's basically finished the top guys in the division. Not sure who's next for him. I'm thinking colby because that fight (at least to me was 2-2 going into the 5th. But usman broke his jaw and finished him. So who knows

Zhang vs Rose - Another great KO. I bet my friend that Rose was gonna win. In my mind, I didn't think rose would lose to Weili, simply because she KO'd Joanna and dominated her in the rematch. While Zhang won, she was still getting pieced up by Joanna.

Valentina vs Andrade - not much to say here honestly. I still believe that division is very shallow. And that Shevchenko is a huge fish in small pond. I don't see anyone in that division beating her anytime soon.

Hall vs Weidman- that was so unfortunate. And even though I never liked Weidman, I felt terrible that the fight ended that way. I hope he fully recovers. The similarities to the silva break are uncanny. And no, I don't think it was karma at all (can't believe some people actually think that)
View attachment 1257310
That break was gross. I yelled so loud I woke my kid up.

Having broken my tibia and fibula at the same time, I have an idea of what that feels like, and it doesn’t tickle.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Yeah, "karma" is a stupid comment.

But it IS a strange coincidence that he's on both ends of virtually identical freak injuries.

Top Bottom