What's new

The MMA Thread

You raise an interesting question: how much should an athlete be judged by his whole career, and how much by the time when he was at his best?

There are quite a few athletes who "hang on too long" and end up with a tail-end to their careers that are anti-climactic. Hey, it's their lives and their careers, and they don't "owe" us a timely retirement. But we do tend to respect someone who knows when to say "when". (And a guy who doesn't quit too early. It's complicated.)

I made the comment not with respect to "hanging on too long", but rather because I felt that Silva, when he DID come back was not the same fighter. He seemed more cautious, less dominant.

I'm surprised no love yet for Figueiredo V Moreno. That fight was epic!
I have to watch it first! I was streaming the fights that night. But I was so sleepy I barely made it to the end of the Tony/Oliveira fight. I passed out right after the decision.

Did y'all see the Kevin Holland KO over Jacare Souza? Sucks to see Jacare lose like that, but that was so impressive

Legion

Staff member
I have to watch it first! I was streaming the fights that night. But I was so sleepy I barely made it to the end of the Tony/Oliveira fight. I passed out right after the decision.

Did y'all see the Kevin Holland KO over Jacare Souza? Sucks to see Jacare lose like that, but that was so impressive

I want to see him fight Chimaev. That would be fun.

Legion

Staff member
Who do you favor in that fight?

While I think Holland has fought the better opponents, this fight could be 50/50.
Hard to say because Chimaev is so new, but he looked like a savage in all the fights I’ve seen him in.

whoever wins, I doubt the fight will go past the first round.

Legion

Staff member
Tom cruise via old man strength!
If it was real I'd probably put my money on Cruise. He would go method, attend a camp for three months and train like a madman.

Bieber would probably get high until the day before, when somebody would remind him it was on.

I literally found out who the paul brothers were a few months ago.

With that said, what do you all think about the younger paul brother boxing Ben askren?

Going from what we've seen, askren has terrible boxing. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets KO'D. I definitely don't have confidence in askren if this happens.

What really stinks, is if he loses. The headlines will read paul brother beats a former 2 time mma champ. I really hope they go with someone else.

Legion

Staff member
I literally found out who the paul brothers were a few months ago.

With that said, what do you all think about the younger paul brother boxing Ben askren?

Going from what we've seen, askren has terrible boxing. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets KO'D. I definitely don't have confidence in askren if this happens.

What really stinks, is if he loses. The headlines will read paul brother beats a former 2 time mma champ. I really hope they go with someone else.
I just wish the Paul brothers would go away. They are about as talented and useful to society as a Kardashian.

Pretty good card on Saturday. I really hate it when two fighters that I like have to fight each other. Kattar and Holloway are going to put on a great show though.
Screenshot_20210113-024155_Chrome.jpg

Top Bottom