What's new

The MMA Thread

So glad didn’t pay for UFC246. IMO McGregor Cerrone fight was fixed. Never been so sure of anything. I want to see Masvidal McGregor.
I haven't paid for a ufc fight in at least 5yrs. I just stream them.

Agree as well. 0 strikes thrown besides that telegraphed headkick by cerrone.

LOL at the idea of a UFC fight being "fixed". Give your collective heads a shake.
i used to think this way.

But instead of going on a back forth argument/discussion, i'll just say this. If the MLB, NFL, NBA, FIFA, college ball and boxing have been caught cheating... These are the premier governing sports bodies, not to mention, fight fixing in japan (confirmed by many fighters), strikeforce and more than likely bellator.

The UFC is no exception.

Cheating/rulebreaking in the sports you mentioned is NOT the same a match-fixing. The equivalent in MMA is PEDs, diuretics, etc.

Now, onto the real reason for coming back to this. Judging decisions aside, does anyone dispute that this was the worst performance from JBJ? Having to resort to takedowns in the late stages to secure a win?

I feel his performance against reyes was on par with his fight against santos. Both of those were not good showings for jones.

I had Reyes 3-2. The takedown points are lame but as Reyes said it's part of the game. The Reyes uppercut in rd2 or 3,I can't remember, legitimately looked as if Jones was a little rocked. I thought Reyes won. They should run it back.

I also felt that Reyes was winning, but I have no idea why he let up in the 4th and 5th round. You simply can't do that in championship fights. Even if you were winning the first 3 rounds.

If he had at least brought it in the 5th. He could have walked out with the belt.

I'll give Reyes a pass. It was his first five round fight.

I also felt that Reyes was winning, but I have no idea why he let up in the 4th and 5th round. You simply can't do that in championship fights. Even if you were winning the first 3 rounds.

If he had at least brought it in the 5th. He could have walked out with the belt.

I'll give Reyes a pass. It was his first five round fight.

EXACTLY . . . I can see taking a "breather" round in the fourth, especially when it's your first time going five. But he needed to come out strong in the fifth, and it just looked like he could not get started.

Conditioning got him.
Definitely agree there.

But you know what's messed up? Two judges gave Jones the second round. And one judge gave him the 3rd.

How? I have no clue.

Not sure if the judging will ever get fixed. But damn. Also, apparently one of the judges was looking down on his phone instead of the fight.

Looks like corey anderson fell in love with his striking, enough that he thought he could strike with blachowicz.

Two illegal knees last night... interesting for sure.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I didn’t see it but I saw the judge’s decision and both fighters looked beat to pieces. I thought to myself “damn, that had to be a great fight!”

I think Weili clearly won the fight. She looked more aggressive and did a lot more damage. That being said it was one of the greatest fights I've ever witnessed. The main event was the biggest snooze fest I've ever seen.

Top Bottom