What's new

The MMA Thread

Greg Hardy is the worst person in the UFC, and that's saying something.

Reyes sure looked powerful. I would like to see him fight Jones if rumble doesn't.

I forget who it was, but somebody said about sports . . . "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'".

I am the biggest GSP mark going. But there is no way on God's green Earth he got that physique w/o "help". And I don't mean legal nutritional supplements. Because I have the same condition he does, and there is just NO WAY to look like he does "naturally" with the effects of his/our illness.

I forget who it was, but somebody said about sports . . . "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'".

I am the biggest GSP mark going. But there is no way on God's green Earth he got that physique w/o "help". And I don't mean legal nutritional supplements. Because I have the same condition he does, and there is just NO WAY to look like he does "naturally" with the effects of his/our illness.

I have a similar condition very mildly, so I agree that it'd be extremely difficult to get that physique. He doesn't pass the eye test. I feel like at some point you can just look and tell if someone is juicing or not. Overeem pre-USADA does not equal Overeem post-USADA, the same applies to a lot of fighters. Surprising to see Nate though, he passes the eye test.

That icarus documentary was such an amazing watch.

I would like to say "i know for a fact" that guys in the ufc are on peds. But i can't.

What i can say is that some of the pro fighters at the gym i used to train at, were on some quality gear.

There's just no way these guys are training in multiple disciplines, along with their strength & conditioning, plus their cardiovascular training (usually training twice or more a day), and their bodies hold up.

Nfl guys are on peds. Baseball players are on it, Olympic caliber guys are on it, but ufc guys aren't? The sport may be somewhat new, but i bet most are on something.

Lots of guys may pass the eye test (bartnett, roy nelson, tim sylvia, werdum, etc. ) but we ultimately don't know.

I do think that some guys are clean, including nate.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
There have always been guys who are "specimens" ... outliers with extra-ordinary physical gifts and capacities. Guys with extra-ordinary drive to succeed.

Sometimes you see guys make dramatic physical transformations over a career, and everyone suspects a chemical enhancement. Barry Bonds springs to mind.

1572026129149.png

Sometimes, the suspicions are correct.

But sometimes, also, what we're seeing isn't the result of chemical enhancement, but just a natural-born superman.

That's always "possible" . . . but speaking specifically to Colitis, the standard treatment regime has always been a catabolic steroid. Hard to maintain that build when your meds are trying to destroy it.

Hahahahaha

Nate cleared to fight, it's back on.

Usada crooked confirmed... the ufc was gonna lose money, so they cleared nate.

Brett okamoto espn twitter:

Breaking: Nate Diaz is eligible to compete at UFC 244. USADA has ruled he has not committed an anti-doping violation. Elevated level of SARMS was traced to a contaminated organic, vegan, plant-based daily multivitamin.

Excuse my ignorance. But how can a vitamin that's organic, vegan plant based have a banned usada substance?

That may very well be the end of ben askren in the ufc..

I thought Askren would wear Maia down since he is a lot younger and that his wrestling would allow him to get takedowns and maintain control. Boy, was I wrong. Maia was able to get up and sweep him rather routinely. Of course, his jiujitsu credentials are off the charts but Askren made it look too easy.

Askren also defended the choke like a kid in his first week of BJJ. His neck was totally exposed while he worked on controlling one hand. I did not see his fights prior to the UFC but figured with his previously unbeaten record that he was bringing more game than this! At least tuck the chin and have both hands up where they can do some good.

I don't know really know Maia, but about 10 years ago he would come to a wrestling gym outside Chicago to work with the instructors there. My son and I used to train BJJ there at that time. He is just as cool in person as he appears to be when interviewed. Classiest guy in the game.

There have always been guys who are "specimens" ... outliers with extra-ordinary physical gifts and capacities. Guys with extra-ordinary drive to succeed.

Sometimes you see guys make dramatic physical transformations over a career, and everyone suspects a chemical enhancement. Barry Bonds springs to mind.

View attachment 1029170

Sometimes, the suspicions are correct.

But sometimes, also, what we're seeing isn't the result of chemical enhancement, but just a natural-born superman.

Sammy Sosa said that he had toothaches when he came to the US and THAT'S why he was thin before. So maybe a bit of dentistry is all these guys need to pack on 50+ pounds of muscle....

I thought Askren would wear Maia down since he is a lot younger and that his wrestling would allow him to get takedowns and maintain control. Boy, was I wrong. Maia was able to get up and sweep him rather routinely. Of course, his jiujitsu credentials are off the charts but Askren made it look too easy.

Askren also defended the choke like a kid in his first week of BJJ. His neck was totally exposed while he worked on controlling one hand. I did not see his fights prior to the UFC but figured with his previously unbeaten record that he was bringing more game than this! At least tuck the chin and have both hands up where they can do some good.

I don't know really know Maia, but about 10 years ago he would come to a wrestling gym outside Chicago to work with the instructors there. My son and I used to train BJJ there at that time. He is just as cool in person as he appears to be when interviewed. Classiest guy in the game.

askren pretty much beat mostly cans before his ufc arrival. Douglas lima is probably his best pre ufc win. I honestly consider him to be 0-3 in the ufc. Herb didnt do his job that night, robbie was fusing bens head into the canvas and herb didnt stop it. When he's stopped fights for much less before. Robbie never went out, as we saw in the replays with him giving the thumbs up.

Askren acting like he just easily won the title, and saying is that the best you got dana. When he took so much damage in that fight, definitely made me dislike the heck outta him.

I think if askren would have been in the ufc 5yrs ago, he would have even more KO losses. If worn out lawler did that to him in 45sec, imagine 5yrs ago. Askren has great wrestling credentials, but thats it.

Thats cool about you metting maia, he is definitely a classy guy from his interviews. Besides mark munoz, Maia has only lost to champions. The guy is a very solid fighter.

Greg Hardy is the worst person in the UFC, and that's saying something.

Reyes sure looked powerful. I would like to see him fight Jones if rumble doesn't.
i think you're getting your wish. Hardy is fighting alexander volkov on Nov 9th. Theres no way volkov loses to hardy man

i think you're getting your wish. Hardy is fighting alexander volkov on Nov 9th. Theres no way volkov loses to hardy man

I can't believe how bad Askren is.

I'm really happy USADA came out and cleared Nate, and that Nate wasn't willing to play their game. So stoked for this weekend.

Top Bottom