What's new

The MMA Thread

Going back to the jones/santos fight, does anyone think he loses if thiagos knee was 100%. I always want jones to get challenged in his fights, but he hasn't really been challenged since the 1st Gus fight, and even though he looked beatable a few weekends ago, something was off with jones. He didn't even go for a takedown, where he usually does most of his damage.

Dana just said no to a Jorge/conor fight, saying masvidal is too big for conor:

“Masvidal’s too big for Conor,” White said. “(McGregor) shouldn’t have (fought at 170). I hated that he did it. Not only did I hate that he did it once, I hated that he did it twice.

“There’s plenty of fights for (Masvidal) in his weight division without Conor. He’s too big for Conor. Conor doesn’t belong at 170. He’s got the balls to fight at 170, but he doesn’t belong there. Hell no, (it won’t happen).”

I really hope Jorge gets the title shot next, if ben would have won it was almost guaranteed he was next. Till recently said he may move up to middleweight, so if askren wants to fight again, he will have to wait until his medical suspension is up, and i think if lawler wins against colby, ben can give robbie his rematch and prove he belongs. I think he loses to robbie though. I think he loses to colby and usman as well. Those guys (usman and colby) might have not great striking, but it's eons ahead of askrens in my opinion, and their mma wrestling is better as well.

Hey, long time no see.

I think there's a chance Jones either would have lost, or would have been forced to mix things up rather than engage in a standing war. If Santos left Jones needing a wheel chair with only one good leg then I think he would be too much with two good legs. If they have a rematch Jones is going to have to check his ego and accept that he will need the takedown and groundwork to beat Santos.

If I were Dana the last person on the planet I'd want to see standing across from Moneybags is Jorge. If Connor keeps losing he will start to bring in less money, so they can't keep putting him against ruthless murderers like Khabib and Jorge.

Big card this weekend.

UFC 241:
Stipe Miocic vs Daniel Cormier 2.

I really think cormier got the KO because of the eyepokes in that fight. Pair that up with my dislike of cormier and i think stipe tkos cormier in round 2.

Diaz vs Pettis.

I wanna see diaz win, but pettis has an excellent kicking arsenal and that has always been one of diaz glaring weaknesses. I still hope diaz finds a way to win this.

Romero vs costa.

I think costa is untested, but yoel is 42yrs old and father time is undefeated, so who knows.

I think Cormier beats Stipe again. I think it will be more wrestling focused this time.

I'm with you on Diaz. Like his older brother, I don't think Nate has evolved enough to get Pettis to a position that can force a tap.

I would so dearly love for Costa to starch Yoel. And I'm talking Askren level KO.

Cormier beats stipe again by KO

Diaz wins a decision too much pressure.

Yoel wins. Father time means nothing when yoel has the sauce.

Conor McGregor punches an elderly man because he wouldn't drink a whiskey he wanted to buy for him.

He showed terrible arm punching technique. Funny that the old timer didn't even get rocked. Hahahaha

Conor is losing it, he might be rich as hell. But lawsuits will deplete his bank account from paying off lawyers.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
When's the last time Conor won a fight that didn't involve throwing a dolly at a bus?

Stipe got it done!! Sooo happy

Diaz completely destroyed Pettis!

*** was that decision with Romero and Costa? It was a split at best.

Romero got robbed. I thought it was clear he won.

Happy for stipe. I really like DC but its time for him to hang it up.

Diaz vs Masvidal battle of the real gangsters. Please Dana let this happen.

Masvidal wrecks Diaz . . . just too big. Diaz is a SMALL welterweight and, while Masvidal isn't a GSP sized WW, he is much bigger than Nate. But it would be fun for however long it lasts.

Stipe winning is about the only way we see JBJ move up to HW. I give it a year before he does. Long enough (he hopes) for people to forget how he dodged moving up to challenge DC.

Anybody give Poirier a shot against Khabib? Or is he just going to get smeshed liked everybody else.

Conor couldn't even KO an old geezer in an Irish pub, he'd best be careful about coming back to the UFC.

Khabib will destroy Poirier just like everyone else.

The entertainment factor of Masvidal Diaz is just too much for it to not happen.

Can't stand JBJ, never could. Dude's a cheater, not to mention his extra curricular activities. Hope Stipe is the first to give him what he deserves.

Khabib will destroy Poirier just like everyone else.

The entertainment factor of Masvidal Diaz is just too much for it to not happen.
Agree 100% on diaz/masvidal.

I actually hope poirier puts the stamp on khabib... but i can guarantee that if poirier wins, dana will give that idiot conor another undeserving title shot, since he already beat dustin years ago.

So in the end, it's probably better that khabib wins, then we can finally see him fight tony ferguson.

Honestly do not think that will ever happen. It's too good a fight for us to actually see it come to fruition. God hates MMA fans.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
God hates MMA fans.

proxy.php

Top Bottom