What's new

The Minimalists Requirements For Traditional SR Shaving

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Ok. The most economical now available to you is $35. Guaranteed shave ready or your money back. Is that still within your ballpark?

Yes, but where would I find it. I'm not too crazy about buying something that needs work done to it. If I ding it up later, then that's something else.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Yes, but where would I find it. I'm not too crazy about buying something that needs work done to it. If I ding it up later, then that's something else.
I'll send you a PM with the contract details. Trust me, this seller knows his stuff.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@Alohawyatt, when next in Cebu, Philippines, you can buy me a cold beer as a thank you for my guidance. 😁

Note: I will not be held liable for any deep rabbit hole you may later find yourself in.

Last edited:
The Nani 12k alone costs about $80. Not really for the minimalist. Perhaps you should just use DE/SE.
I think the minimalist approach is more about the quantity of items to use, than an amount of $$$ to spend.

I'd gladly pay double to have less pieces of kit, than vice versa... YMMV.

I am assuming that you are in the US. Now you also owe me a thank-you beer next time you are in Cebu.
No, as a matter of fact I am not, I'm in Hungary (Europe), which makes it extremely difficult for us over here to order stuff from US, since the covid emerged.

Let me give you an example - I ordered a soap and an AS splash from US, back in early May, received it on Saturday... go figure - 2 months and the shipping cost was $27. I don't mind as I LOVE the soap (Humidor by Jenny Pegg).

This is the reason I did not order TM strop, as the shipping costs would've been $67.

My razor is on the way... it's a Koraat and hopefully coming with the next 2 weeks. These come truly shave ready, so I'll be good initially.

I opted for a paddle-strop, as I'm new to this and reading through older threads here on B&B, the consensus seems to be that a paddle-strop will be much easier to use for a beginner, with less chances of rounding the edge. And the 12K Nani is on its way, too.

I would perhaps try out the "Method" just for fun as I can get the films easily, but the thing is that all Koraats are honed with the tape and so, it rules out the balsa progression for me.

Beers on me if I ever get to Cebu! :cool:

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
No, as a matter of fact I am not, I'm in Hungary (Europe), which makes it extremely difficult for us over here to order stuff from US, since the covid emerged.

Let me give you an example - I ordered a soap and an AS splash from US, back in early May, received it on Saturday... go figure - 2 months and the shipping cost was $27. I don't mind as I LOVE the soap (Humidor by Jenny Pegg).

This is the reason I did not order TM strop, as the shipping costs would've been $67.

My razor is on the way... it's a Koraat and hopefully coming with the next 2 weeks. These come truly shave ready, so I'll be good initially.

I opted for a paddle-strop, as I'm new to this and reading through older threads here on B&B, the consensus seem to be that a paddle-strop will be much easier to use for a beginner, with less chances of rounding the edge. And the 12K Nani is on its way, too.

I would perhaps try out the "Method" just for fun as I can get the films easily, but the thing is that all Koraats are honed with the tape and so, it rules out the balsa progression for me.

Beers on me if I ever get to Cebu! :cool:
I know how you feel. I have orders from China, just over the pond from me, that I ordered in February and still waiting.

Top Bottom