What's new

The Many Colors Of Shaving Cream.....

full

On thing I like to point out from time to time, is the wonderful colors our shaving creams come in. To me - the colors add to the overall wetshaving experience, and somewhat "whet" your lathering appetite - and give you a hint at what is to come. When I see the cool green colored salter mint, I relax and prepare for a cooling, mellow shave. When I see the pistachio green trumpers lime, I know I am in for an unusual zesty treat, the purple lavendar Taylors is always a crowd, and nose pleaser.... just the little subtle things we sometimes overlook, really add to the luxury of our weird little hobby. The subtle red tinted lather from trumper rose, the light purple from trumper violet.... all add that special little touch. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing you clarified what that stuff is! I thought you were getting ready to enter the Tammy Faye Baker/Dolly Parton look alike contest!

Randy

After shave creams and shave creams from êshave.

full

I'll have to try them and report!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron,
where did you get those?
So far I've tried eShave almond as well as eShave white tea, and they are both awesome.
I haven't seen that set, however. Thats some sampler kit.
John P.

Thanks....
I see they have LOTS of goodies on that site.....all of the eShave I've tried have been picked up at Sephora. Guess I could've been saving some cash....
I really really like the almond and white tea.
John P.

The only ones I've tried are white tea, and almond. The cool looking "set" is Ron's......
still, I really liked the eShave creams
Well, without pictures, I rate the 2 eShave creams I've tried as above the AOS, and the ones I have would fit squarely between Taylor and Trumpers. The almond is a very similar scent, sortof an amaretto smell, and the white tea is hard to describe, yet refreshing. I would consider it the eShave answer to Taylor avocado. Good stuff.
Perhaps I'll take some pics this weekend, if Ron doesn't beat me to it.
John P.

Hate to hi-jack Joel's thread, but:a50:
I have tried the Almond, amaretto fragrance is an apt description, and the citrus, what can I say beyond "Citrusy?" Both are good shaves on a par with the 3Ts creams for lubrication and very good lather. I have tried the white tea and the soother after shave creams. Absorb nicely and after my 4-pass with Vision and Feather there is no noticeable irritation or feu de rasage.
With the smorgasbord of fragrances I shall try a new combo tomorrow, er today.:a34:

Ron,
I couldn't resist, I ordered the sampler kit, as well as the white tea in a tube (I have it in a tub and it is awesome, but tubes travel better for me)
I'll try and take some pics this weekend,
John P.

Greetings John P,
Enjoy! Today is floral cream day. Sunday will be white tea.. Ah, so many choices, so few opportunities!:confused1

Randy,
the pics are up, for your viewing pleasure; I haven't got the cool set in the mail yet, so I used one of the eShave products I already had, the white tea version. It is, of course, excellent. Ron already knows this, everyone else can look at the pics and maybe figure something out.
By the way, in one of the pics you can see the carcass of a Schick quattro POWER razor holder. That was a short-lived experiment. If you need a quick razor for a backup, my nod is to the gillette; even with power the Schick product sucked. To beat it all, my 99 cent DE blows BOTH of them away....
John P.

To beat it all, my 99 cent DE blows BOTH of them away...

One of my former bosses loved to bass fish. He had two boats, an old aluminum boat (read $300 boat) and a $10,000 rig...fully decked out with depth finder, you name it, he had it. Preferred the aluminum boat, said he caught more fish!

Randy

Top Bottom