What's new

The local coffee shop

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
We moved to the small town of Walhalla, SC two years ago and found a great little coffee shop about five blocks from our house. My wife said it reminded her of a Hallmark movie only lacking a dog. The coffee and goodies are great and it is a joy to have such quaint place so nearby.

Quit drinking coffee
BUT never went to to many spots as I was kinda hardcore home guy
had a few nice machines like Elektra A3 and preferred my Mazzer grinder flat burr for it and the beans I used and had a conical for certain beans so ya can say coffee nerd big time

now that said the best gelato I had was some place in Rome ? Because of the location and ambience and so on most likely was not the best but was the most memorable
the best Quiche I ever had was in Panajachel
best Yogurt was my first in France because they served it plain and let me mix in what I wanted and that changed how I ate yogurt ever after (1981)
and…. You get the idea :)

I do think some great espresso would be some Italian cafe with some locals trying to talk to each other in poor translation watching some local bicycle group ride by and some folks coming in and out the locals would smell like Cella AS :)

as perfection in the cup but in a stinky alleyway with no view would be HORRID
a OK coffee in the best setting could be a very memorable situation based on whats around and that could become a life long memory !

to me coffee was a passion BUT it had to have LIFE around it that last post @DrewMc I think is the main reason I would try out some local places was to sit and watch and see life go past and soak it in !

Top Bottom