What's new

The Little Omega that could.

Found this little Omega brush the other day in a shaving store, had never seen it online at the usual vendors so I had to buy one and at $9.95 it was a steal (wished I'd grabbed a few of them for gifts!) It's pure bristle and so tiny, but boy it sure whips up a good lather for such a wee fella.

It's my first boar brush and I wanted to try it on a couple of hard soaps, it worked a treat and although I had heard that the boars are 'stiffer' which was indeed the case, it still felt really good on the face and was great for getting under the nose without filling the nostrils with lather.

FYI the knot is about 18-19mm, loft is 46mm and overall height of the brush is 85mm.

$photo.JPG

I had one of those and the knot was just a little too small for my taste. I opted for its slightly larger brother the wide waist 40033 and have been very pleased with it. I may have given up too early on the Lil Runt Bambino but am happy with my decision. It sure is a good looking little brush though! Enjoy in good health!

That, gentlemen, is the Omega 10086 " New Bigger Bambino. " It has a longer handle than the original. I just bought one from Italianbarber.com for $7.99. I was surprised at how easy it worked up a nice face lather. Obviously, it won't hold a ton of lather but this brush will be perfect as a travel brush or for a quick shave. It rinses and dries quickly. It's a no frills brush but it could be used for normal shaving with multiple passes if one isn't afraid to load more soap after the second pass.

It's kind of floppy as it's not very dense but again, not a big deal if one is on the road or just looking for a quick shave. Glad I bought it.

Top Bottom