What's new

The List of "Generic" Shaving Brushes

Welcome Warzone. I'm a relative newbie myself.

I can't speak to Frank's QC issues. I can only say I got a Finest Badger (from Amazon) two months ago. IMO it does a terrific job and there are no signs of poor workmanship. Came with barely a smell--lost maybe 5 hairs, if that, all on the 1st cleaning--lathers everything I throw at it on my face, in a mug/bowl/whatever. I'm sure I will upgrade at some point, but right now another brush isn't on my radar.

EDIT: After a more careful reading of the OP, i realize the comments above really aren't what was expected. Sorry. But i will leave them in case they help someone but add another thought or two:

Here are a few names I've come across but don't see on the list:

Escali
Col Conk (probably not considered generic, but maybe)
Kinglsey
GBS
WSP

Those are just some I saw when I was shopping for my brush in February. Hope it helps.
Nah man, that's cool. I appreciate any opinions on brushes. How else are we going to know (without buying them ourselves and spending a fortune)? I am glad to see the FS is working out.

Negative on those brands being generic. Some are similar to Franks though (I probably should not have included Franks in my post because it is not generic, but it is not included in the list either). It is believed Escali is made by Trumper, possibly a subsidiary, but I cannot confirm. In any case, all the brushes you mentioned are sold by multiple shops, and therefore not truly generic. The closest to being generic is WSP. They have only one authorized retailer other than themselves (Razor Emporium). Most of their brushes are either on their site or listed by them on Amazon. That was a good find. They sell some good imitation brushes of bigger brands (like Plisson and Simpson).

Last edited:
I have a brush purchased from Ace Shaving, ebay shipped from Beijing. I was around $25 shipped for silvertip, only shed two or three hairs in a year, comfortable to hold and very soft. It makes great lather. I emailed a question this week and receiced an answer within hours. I want to try a quality brush but not sure how it could be better.

Top Bottom