What's new

The lightest (but still good) double edge razor?

The Fine Superlite is probably the absolutely lightest *new* razor you can buy, weighing in at 15g. It is a slant, and does personally, I feel has a bit too much blade feel....it has a LOT of blade feel. (Under $30)

Fine has their Aluminum Slant, which is MUCH easier to shave with, that comes in at around 32g (1.1 oz), and she shaves very nicely, having participated in the pass-around a few years ago. (Around $125-$150 new)

If you use a lightweight handle, the Ikon X3 is quite light weight, however, the weight varies with the handle used. (The head itself is aluminum, and weighs around 28g by itself. - Probably the easiest, and smoothest shave of the bunch, and all slants thus far. It's the only slant in the den, but haven't used it in years, as the slant bug never really hit me.

The Gillette Black Beauty (longer 109) with the black/plastic adjustment plate is 58g, which grows to 69g if equipped with a metal/silver adjustment plate. I have a NDC Black/Plastic baseplate model (yes, no date code on the tray), and its a very nice, close, and comfortable shaver. - Used it this morning in fact, and she gave a wonderful BBS shave.

There are others, PAA has their bakelites, but again, they're also slants. Merker had a bakelite model years ago, that was a SB, but more difficult to find. If you don't bind an SE model, just about every Schick Injector is a light weight, my adjustable injector is one of my favorite razors, and it makes nearly every other razor I have feel heavy.

RazoRock Lupo DE Safety Razor at $37.59 CAD, with the opportunity of getting a set in different colors and weighing just 1 oz. (according to RR), it is hard to beat.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Just to bring some joy to the gentlemen.

There is a razor that easily enters the top of the "lightest" list, but it's definitely not shaved well.

Another "Laurel ladies boudoir razor" may be a little heavier, but has a handle similar to "ball end tech", and it is also a prop in the classic movie "North by Northwest".
$_27.jpg

I bet they not only get under the nose easily, they can even get into the nose. 🤣

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Just to bring some joy to the gentlemen.There is a razor that easily enters the top of the "lightest" list, but it's definitely not shaved well. I bet they not only get under the nose easily, they can even get into the nose. 🤣

I have a small collection of those little tiny razors. I have never tried to shave with one. I will have to break them out and snap a few photos.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I have a small collection of those little tiny razors. I have never tried to shave with one. I will have to break them out and snap a few photos.

My new purchase is still on the way, I hope it can arrive normally.

These small razors are really pleasing, even if they are not suitable for shaving, they are also very suitable for enriching our collection, and they do not take up space.

Karve Christopher Bradley aluminum. I got the OC-C plate and one of my favorite razors.

Another vote for the Henson AL13. Both Canadian made 🙂

PAA abs slants like the Crimson Ghost, Blue Phantom, El Fantasma etc. A tad mild but given that they are made of ABS plastic. You wouldn't want it to be aggressive since you will add pressure due to the weight (or lack thereof)

Top Bottom