What's new

The legendary PIF PIF

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1575914519880.png

No in, as I just won shave cream from Israel. However wanted to add to the discussion. Personally I struggle every year with what I want to donate time and money to. Generally I do a day of caring for the united way, and in addition donate allot of household items to the Goodwill, in addition to money for Veterans groups.

I’m in! Thank you for the generous PIF! I have elderly neighbors on both sides of my house. I like to take care of their lawns and snow. They are incredibly thankful.

I'm in!

It feels a little odd to talk about this, since like others, I prefer to keep quiet about these things. My wife and I donate financially to a couple of charities every month, but I also like a more personal touch. One way I do that is to carry nutrition bars with me, and when I see someone who looks in need, I offer them something to eat. Mostly, they gratefully accept. This time of year, we organize a group of friends and go caroling to a list of elderly and lonely people with a plate of cookies for each. Just did that yesterday, in fact, and a lovely experience it was!

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I'm in!

I do things year round for friends and neighbors, but this helps me also just as much, if not more.

I'm in please.
I guess I'm a continuous pif'er of sorts. Being a rather handy type I continuously provide my skills and labor anytime I can knowing the people I help can't or won't ever return the favor, which doesn't matter to me because I feel good just knowing I helped them out. Thanks for the chance.

I am not in. Great PIF.

My parents find a family who is less fortunate and buys presents for their kids. They have found a family every year to do this for. Most of them appreciate it. I hate talking about stuff I do because I feel it takes away from the act. But for the sake of the PIF, I regularly feed homeless people.

I'm in

I always try to help people any way I can. I have even literally taken the shirt off my back and given it to someone who needed a shirt.

Since i joined here I have gotten stuff for free and bought a ton of stuff. I keep all of this in a box so when I come across someone who wants to wet shave but can't afford to get started I give away full sets. So far I've given 3 full kits boar badger synth brush DE razor and about 50 blades straight razor and strop and soaps. For my nephew I gave a full setup minus the straight and strop. Gave him a total of 3 safety razors. A tech a adjustable slim or something like that and a new short comb with original case. Also have given him 4 brushes. Badger boar synth and horse. So when I am able to join in giveaways I try just so I can make sure I have items to give away if someone needs it.

The moment you've all been waiting for:

1576437660676.png

@MilkCrate Congrats! Sounds like the razor is going to a good home.

To everyone else:

A: Good luck next time :)

B: This was a bit of a ruse so I can thank you all for your generous work in and around your communities. If everyone took 5, 10 minutes to help the person next door even the world would definitely be a better place.

Keep it up and never stop being awesome :)

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
The moment you've all been waiting for:

View attachment 1043919
@MilkCrate Congrats! Sounds like the razor is going to a good home.

To everyone else:

A: Good luck next time :)

B: This was a bit of a ruse so I can thank you all for your generous work in and around your communities. If everyone took 5, 10 minutes to help the person next door even the world would definitely be a better place.

Keep it up and never stop being awesome :)

Congratulations to the winner!

I appreciate the theme of your PIF even though I'm too late. I try to pif as much as I can in daily life, helping lost tourists, picking up the tab for someone at coffee, or at the grocery, carrying someone less able's packages, giving up a seat on the streetcar to a woman or elderly person, etc.

I'm glad you're not in, haha! I shipped the prize on Monday.

BUT since the true nature of the thread was a ruse, thank you too for looking out for your community. Helping tourists in NOLA is a hefty task lol.

Good to see it got there safe and sound.

Glad she liked it, we got about 2 pounds of lavender out of the garden this year, since our neighbor was kind enough to share their blooms in exchange for a free lavender pruning. We can't give enough of them away!

Top Bottom