What's new

The legendary PIF PIF

I suppose my time has come since I won a lovely razor for the first time, to give away a lovely razor for the first time.

1575828800973.png

One Gillette Super Speed that I used twice and haven't picked up since, with a nice assortment of blades, and two sample size Chiseled Face soaps (cryogen and pine tar. Don't care for the scents)

The rules:

Post "I'm in"

Post your best way you like to pay it forward (to your community, loved ones, seniors, etc) during the holiday season (or in general if you're a nice person who thinks about that kind of stuff year round, in which case I tip my hat to you)

Winner will be by random selection!

Good luck!

I am in please!

I donate to three separate charities through work. The company then matches my donation 100%. In addition, my wife and I visit our local VA (again through my company). We pass out gifts and visit with our service members in the spinal trauma unit.

Not in, but amazing PIF. I typically don't make an announcement when I pay it forward. I prefer to keep it quiet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm in.

I generally try to do so things anonymously and without announcement. I do have love for the special needs community so when I see a kiddo and his/her family out and about I'll try to cover a tab or an extra hour of bowling or whatever. At the very least if we just cross paths I'll throw a smile their way.

I'm in.

I also typically keep such things on the quiet side, but as no one here knows who I am I will go ahead and share a few things.

In our family we regularly do a few things to reach out to others. When we hear or suspect that a friend or someone at church is sick or just having a rough time we make a big batch of chicken soup (starting with homemade bone broth) and give it to them.

Also when someone loses a family member or loved one (or at the birth of a baby) we have learned that instead of saying "Let us know how we can help", we give a list of things we can do for them and are good at and tell them to please contact us when they need something on the list. We have found this is much more useful when people are overwhelmed with tough situations and can't think straight through what they need. We also like to reach out to them a month or two later - after the cards have stopped coming.

I also recently took up woodturning, with my favorite projects being shaving brushes. Last summer I donated a brush to a youth fundraiser auction at church, and it fetched an excellent price tag for the youth.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Great PIF @Pattorashu !

I’d like to be “In” please for one of my mentors/friends. This would go straight to him.

I’m more of a work in the background kind of person when it comes to giving. I may not always be able to give an actual gift, but I can help make things happen. My mentor is this way too. He works a regular job and also he and his family specifically foster infants and toddlers who have medical complications. They have a huge heart for the less fortunate.

I'm in

I do tons of work with and for the Tots for Tots foundation. Almost every weekend and off day is given to it from mid nov to December 20th or so. Conducting box drop offs, events, box pickups, and warehousing.Great people, great organization.

I forgot to choose an end date, thus it's a perpetual PIF.

Just Kidding!

Winner will be announced on Sunday the 15th, and entries will be closed on the 14th.

Thank you all so far entered and not for your dedication to helping others!

Im in.

I prefer giving my time and energy. I feel like in today's society so many people are busy or just want to get the easy way out, so I volunteer at kitchens that are sponsored by the company I work for.

They supply the food, and I supply my time and energy to help out also.

I’m in. I have been wanting to try the pine tar for a while now and I love menthol soaps. I try and do good things for others on a daily basis but this time of year the “red buckets” get donated to each time I see one. My grandfather told me stories about how much they did for him way back in the day and this is my small way of thanking them and continuing to pay that forward.

I'm in. Is that a Black Tip? Very intriguing. Thanks for the opportunity, @Pattorashu !

So, for about 20 years, at Christmas, I've been donating to the local mission to help feed and shelter the homeless. And, the rest of the year, I donate socks, gloves, and blankets to another charity that provides them to the needy. Apparently, socks are the most-requested articles of clothing by street people.

Also, I used to donate to a "buy-a-goat" program so that impoverished people in third world countries could start their own businesses, but I found out that they're pretty much just a fund-raising scam.

Very generous but not in. A wise woman once told me the way to build self esteem is to do something nice for someone but don't let them know. Most.of that focus is on wife and family, but over the years it has come back to me in some remarkable ways.

Not in but i like helping people by shoveling snow. I find it easy and relaxing so I usually end up doing 5/6 houses in my street. Lol not a huge deal but in Canada it can sure pile up.

Lovely PIF!

We donate to a number of local and national charities here on an ongoing basis.

Respectfully not in as I am well fixed for hardware.

I'm in.

Every Christmas our church sets up a giving tree where we can pick families that we can purchase and deliver gifts to, I look forward to this every year, as much as I love to see the smile of young children on Christmas morning, this year we have a retired couple in their 70's. I am looking forward to this year since we will be bringing them dinner and gifts and spending some time with them since much like my family they do not have any relatives that live close by.

I am in.

As a spiritual person, I try to live a spirit led life and "PIF" where I feel led to do so. I am a machinist by trade and raised a poor farm boy, taught to fix anything from a combine to a leaky roof. I prefer to give of my time and talent when possible as I feel treasure is more easily and more often wasted. So I end up fixing cars, plumbing, homes, and the like for people that can't manage to pay a professional. I feel blessed in return by the company and conversation as I am horrible at socializing on my own. Have met some wonderful people and learned a lot from those who have other things to give, such as wisdom and life experiences.

Props to all of you for having a "love" for, and desire to help, your fellow man.

Very nice pif.
Respectfully, not in.
I like building strange handles and razors and giving them away to members here. :)
One of the staff in our local gun shop has a 3 year old child with leukemia. The specialized treatments require multiple trips to Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto. Even with free health care, and government travel reimbursement $, the cost to the family has been heavy. I do some machining for this shop. I have been anonymously donating all of my machining earnings to him for a while now. The owner tells him it's from an anonymous staff member. The owner and I are the only two people who know the $ is from me. Two years ago, at the gun shop Christmas party, the owner announced that he would not be giving gifts to staff, instead giving the money to the staff member. That's when I started to anonymously donate. I've been doing it ever since. I intend to continue until he doesn't need it anymore, which could be soon, as the little guy is doing well.

I am in. Over the next few weeks I will continue my work with Habitat for Humanity either build a new home in McKinney, TX, or repairing a home her in Wylie for a single mom-(widow) and her 4 children.

Top Bottom