What's new

The Lather Pit

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I might as well put a snap of the renovated Lather Pit up; it's been a year in the happening and I hope I don't have to do that again.

IMG_0645[1].JPG

For some idea of scale, the mirror behind the sink is 24 inches wide. The wall is 34 inches, and it's just under six feet to the back wall where you can see the throne. Several additional mirrors make it look a little less like a gas-station bathroom...

O.H.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Looks good, I like the color of sky blue and was also looking at the razor on your countertop and looks like your Wunderbar slant. I know you like slants and it looks similar to mine with the radio knob handle.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Looks good, I like the color of sky blue

Thanks! I kinda had to go with blue. The previous walls had blue and white/blue striped wallpaper. That meant that most of the towels and the rug Mrs. Hippie made for the floor were various shades of blue. I am confirmed in my dislike of wallpaper; the glue is a buffet meal for black mould. Turns out the room's an eddy with very little circulation. A humidistat was part of the reno and I'm looking at other options as well.

The ceiling is painted white because the light fixture over the sink is directed upward and has two bright LED bulbs. The light is very even and bright enough. I don't like direct light (indoors) but like lots of light when I'm working. Bouncing it off the ceiling works for me.

and was also looking at the razor on your countertop and looks like your Wunderbar slant. I know you like slants and it looks similar to mine with the radio knob handle.

Right in one, good sir. Good eye!

O.H.

Top Bottom