What's new

The last tin you finished

Oh.. and that tin of John Marr won't survive the next week as well.... great semi-aromatic blend, with the Virginia+Orientals in the foreground, closely followed by the warm and gentle vanilla-bourbon topping.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Last night was finishing off night.

Finished off the last can of Tecate
Finished off the last of a bag of Pistachios
Finished off the last bowl of a 4 oz bag of PS LNF I purchased a little over a year ago.
Lastly, finished off the last honey bun and the last of the milk, just before bed. :)

So this was a sad week (or a good week depending on how you look at it).
HH Burley flake (smoking the last now)
Star of the East
Mac Baren Navy Flakes (sample)
And one bowl left of Quite Nights

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
So this was a sad week (or a good week depending on how you look at it).
HH Burley flake (smoking the last now)
Star of the East
Mac Baren Navy Flakes (sample)
And one bowl left of Quite Nights
My last order was two 1 lb boxes of Burley Flake- I need at least 10 more.

I have a tin, but haven’t tried it yet...what’s your take on it?
It's a pretty interesting and unique blend. The tin note is like fresher grassy VA's, with a slight topping of what I think is the C&D rum punch topping they use on a few other blends they make. The topping dissipates after the tin is opened, and even fresh only lasts through the first say.. 1/3 of a bowl, ish. I don't have the most refined tobacco palate, so as with any review, take mine with a grain or three of salt. lol

I liked the mix of the mainly VA flavors with the light topping through the first part of the bowl, then after that the other components in the blend step up to be more noticed in the background, while the VA's still stay more front and center. I do recall noticing that the blend seemed a bit rough and unrefined initially, so I had stashed it back in the very back of my opened jars, and didn't touch it for a pretty long time, probably a year+. Upon digging it back out when I was going through my open jars to decide on if there were overlooked gems hiding hiding I needed to stock up some on, I pulled it out and was pretty immediately pulled into it more than I was initially. So, my advice on this one is to age it first, or if you aren't fond of it fresh, age it a year or so and revisit it.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It's a pretty interesting and unique blend. The tin note is like fresher grassy VA's, with a slight topping of what I think is the C&D rum punch topping they use on a few other blends they make. The topping dissipates after the tin is opened, and even fresh only lasts through the first say.. 1/3 of a bowl, ish. I don't have the most refined tobacco palate, so as with any review, take mine with a grain or three of salt. lol

I liked the mix of the mainly VA flavors with the light topping through the first part of the bowl, then after that the other components in the blend step up to be more noticed in the background, while the VA's still stay more front and center. I do recall noticing that the blend seemed a bit rough and unrefined initially, so I had stashed it back in the very back of my opened jars, and didn't touch it for a pretty long time, probably a year+. Upon digging it back out when I was going through my open jars to decide on if there were overlooked gems hiding hiding I needed to stock up some on, I pulled it out and was pretty immediately pulled into it more than I was initially. So, my advice on this one is to age it first, or if you aren't fond of it fresh, age it a year or so and revisit it.

I read one review that, for better or worse, described it as Briar Fox with a mild topping. I love Briar Fox so I am tempted to get a half dozen tins sight unseen, or rather, “leaf unburned” :).

I read one review that, for better or worse, described it as Briar Fox with a mild topping. I love Briar Fox so I am tempted to get a half dozen tins sight unseen, or rather, “leaf unburned” :).
Or, just because you already have a tin... crack it open, evaluate it for a bit, then go from there on if to stock in any for aging or not... :)

Top Bottom