What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

If you liked Hot Fuzz and haven't seen Shawn of the Dead, then you owe it to yourself to watch it.
Oh yeah I like that one a lot too. Hard to say which one I like better. The worlds end was pretty fun, but not on-par with the Shawn of the Dead or Hot Fuzz.

Unbroken - Unfortunately, I was unimpressed. I loved the book and it contained incredible material which would have made a great movie in the right hands but this certainly wasn't it. This was a wasted opportunity.

Pitch Perfect 2. Not as good as the first one but still better than Mad Max: Fury Road, the story of some hot babes being chased by bad guys and when they get to the end of the road they turn around and go back to where they started. What a story line!

THE GATEKEEPERS - For the first time, six former members of the Israeli intelligence agency Shin Bet give their take on security and future peace in Israel - and how morality is less "black and white" than a study on the color gray. Shin Bet, as we discover, thrives as it tries to referee political extremes in a divisive corner of the world. Like many a fine documentary, there aren't any cut and clear answers here, but the filmmakers aim a light into a misunderstood subject. Nominated for best documentary, and winner of several awards. ***1/2 of four

$thegatekeepers_header.jpg

Ronin is a 1998 American spy thriller action film directed by John Frankenheimer and starring Robert De Niro, Jean Reno, Natascha McElhone, Stellan Skarsgård, Sean Bean, and Jonathan Pryce. Written by J.D. Zeik and David Mamet, the film centers on a team of hired operatives trying to steal a mysterious and heavily-guarded case while navigating a maze of shifting loyalties and alliances. The film is noted for its car chases through Nice and Paris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t40wvVGkVCw

Ronin is a 1998 American spy thriller action film directed by John Frankenheimer and starring Robert De Niro, Jean Reno, Natascha McElhone, Stellan Skarsgård, Sean Bean, and Jonathan Pryce. Written by J.D. Zeik and David Mamet, the film centers on a team of hired operatives trying to steal a mysterious and heavily-guarded case while navigating a maze of shifting loyalties and alliances. The film is noted for its car chases through Nice and Paris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t40wvVGkVCw

Such a superb film.

THE SHAUN THE SHEEP MOVIE - Nick Park ("Creature Comforts") directed this claymation extravaganza with the expected quota of fast-paced sight-gags, loopy animal characters, and even some humans (who aren't as smart as most of the critters). *** of four

$shaun_chase_quad_uk-release-date.jpg

I think Pitch Perfect 2 was like the vast majority of sequels, a money grab capitalizing on the popularity and success of the original.

I don't think it was a money grab. There is an actual formula that film producers use to determine how well a movie hits their target. Pitch Perfect 1 graded out at like 175% of target. You grade that well and they are going to do a follow up. Plus there was a story line of what happens to them next to pick up. They did have some great production values and introduced new characters that were very good. The story line was not as strong as the first. Right now they are over $200 million world wide. Now the movie "Aloha", that was a money grab that bombed. You could say that Mad Max was a money grab because there really was not new story line to pick up.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Just saw San Andreas and it's like any other disaster film. Not a lot of plot or dialogue. The Don Johnson character basically abandons his post and flies to save his daughter in another city. Best thing about the film was the boob shots.

Top Bottom