What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Something to Talk About (1995). If I had found a woman like the character played by Kyra Sedgwick before I met my wife, i would have married her in a heartbeat!

Zombie Flesh Eaters.
Can't believe I haven't seen this before. Low budget but great.
No seriously, this is a spoiler...
You haven't seen a zombie flick until you've watched a zombie fighting a shark!

I have been meaning to watch that.

I think it just came out on DVD. I had been trying to watch it for years, but it had not been released.

It's worth watching, but it's probably the weakest performance of Brando's great early 1950's run. He looks weird in brown make-up and doesn't even attempt an accent. The screenplay, by John Steinbeck, is really Old School Hollywood. Not bad, I guess I just expected more given the talent involved. Anthony Quinn is the highlight.

Was it as good as the original?

The first movie had a bit of tugging at the old heartstrings and a great story line. I don't think that the prequel lived up to that. However, the new movie had some fun thematic cues from other films (Animal House & Revenge of the Nerds for example) and some funny jokes. I thought that the animation was amazing in the original and it was doubly so in the prequel.

Zombie Flesh Eaters.
Can't believe I haven't seen this before. Low budget but great.
No seriously, this is a spoiler...
You haven't seen a zombie flick until you've watched a zombie fighting a shark!

One of the best zombie movies ever made. Love it, love it, love it.

Having some 80's flash backs lately, re watched Less than Zero, and The Breakfast Club. Both are still very good, although very different.
Tomorrow I will be watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and my all time favorite...Fast Times at Ridgemont High!

Top Bottom