What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Reflections in a Golden Eye

Marlon Brando, Elizabeth Taylor directed by John Huston. This 1967 bizarre film was based on a Carson McCullers novel of the same name. Had I not known that, I'd have bet my car that Tennessee Williams wrote the screenplay. Southern gumbo for the twisted mind.

Ran, beautiful movie. Even more beautiful when you know that Akira Kurosawa was nearly blind when he made it! I am slowly working towards watching all of his movies and the ones that westerns that they influenced.

Skyfall. Zzzzz...

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Don't expect the grandeur of Lord Of The Rings. This is long and fairly dull. I didn't even finish watching it.

Zero Dark Thirty. I'd like to have that 2 hours and 40 minutes of my life back.

It seems like animated movies are the only ones I like anymore. I recently watched Fantastic Mr. Fox, Resident Evil: Damnation, and Wreck-It-Ralph and enjoyed all immensely.

Zero Dark Thirty. I'd like to have that 2 hours and 40 minutes of my life back.

Oh I wanted to see that, was it really that bad? If so, I am glad I didn't waste my time.

I watched The Itialian Job​, the newer one with Marky Mark. Still haven't seen the old one, if it were only on netflix.

Oh I wanted to see that, was it really that bad? If so, I am glad I didn't waste my time.

YMMV, of course. It's a behind-the-scenes CIA drama about the hunt for Osama Bin Laden and not much action.

I like a good taut drama, but this seemed a little long to me.

I watched The Itialian Job​, the newer one with Marky Mark. Still haven't seen the old one, if it were only on netflix.
I love the original, I found the remake rather forgettable.

"Warm Bodies". Good movie. I got zombies & my date got romance. It had spots where you laughed out loud, groaned at corny/stupid one-liners ( that were there for that reason ) and it had some serious spots.

Overall, I'd say it was pretty decent.

The Master with Philip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix. I like both the primary actors so I was kind of looking forward to this movie. I didn't like it nor could I recommend it. By the middle of the movie I got up and started cleaning the house as I watched it because I couldn't help but feel I was wasting my time and cleaning house isn't exactly one of my favorite things to do. Skip this one.

Side Effects - Soderberg's latest film. Could have been better, could have been worse. I was in the mood to see a thriller and enjoyed watching it.

Top Bottom