What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

The Dark Knight Returns Part 1

Animated version of the old Frank Miller story. Not bad but it definitely loses something here, I think the major difference is the Frank Miller artwork in the comic is a lot dirtier & grittier, the movie looked kind of polished up.

The Dark Knight Returns Part 1

Animated version of the old Frank Miller story. Not bad but it definitely loses something here, I think the major difference is the Frank Miller artwork in the comic is a lot dirtier & grittier, the movie looked kind of polished up.
I really enjoyed it but like you said something is lost in translation. It is most apparent in the news casts.

Legion

Staff member
I went to see Django today. I liked it as well. The usual QT excess, but entertaining the whole way though.

The Adventures of Tintin (2011). Enjoyed every second of this film. Very fun treasure hunt movie. Obviously well directed (Spielberg) with great voice acting. I hope there is a sequel. :thumbup:

The Adventures of Tintin (2011). Enjoyed every second of this film. Very fun treasure hunt movie. Obviously well directed (Spielberg) with great voice acting. I hope there is a sequel. :thumbup:

YES! i love this movie. brought back some childhood memories. I've read most of the books. i agree about the sequel.

"The Raven," a recent film that sees Edgar Allen Poe (played by John Cusack) assisting the Baltimore police in solving a series of crimes based on Poe stories, and ultimately attempts to explain the curious circumstances of his death. It was nothing special, but I wouldn't say that I regret watching it.

Taken with Liam Neeson. I thought it was a pretty darn good action thriller about an ex spy who becomes an unstoppable force when his daughter is abducted by a group known for human trafficking. As a father of two daughters, it really struck a chord with me. I won't reveal the ending but I was surprised to find myself crying near the end.

Zero:Dark:Thirty - liked it, especially the ending.....
Flight - meh, as well; reminded me of "Leaving Las Vegas", where the excessive drinking almost leads to me vomiting
Il Mare - watched on youTube, the original Korean movie that was remade as "The Lake House" here.....the Korean movie is better
The Well-Diggers Daughter - (Netflix) French movie during the beginning of WWI; it's a feel-good family movie - during a different time
Sayonara Itsuka (Netflix) Japanese, it's sad, and it shows how different we are, and alike, in dealing with the demands on us

Taken with Liam Neeson. I thought it was a pretty darn good action thriller about an ex spy who becomes an unstoppable force when his daughter is abducted by a group known for human trafficking. As a father of two daughters, it really struck a chord with me...

+1 Surprisingly good.

John Carter. Big budget Disney CGI adventure flick with no plot, incomprehensible script, and no Johnny Depp to draw in the kids. In other words, a disaster.

Top Bottom