What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott Pilgrim vs the World. It was awesome, only if you're a child of the 80s/90s though. Otherwise, you most likely wouldnt get it.

One of the few movies that is superior to the book it's based on. In this case, far superior.

I actually liked the book more. I read the book first.

Scott Pilgrim vs the World. It was awesome, only if you're a child of the 80s/90s though. Otherwise, you most likely wouldnt get it.

I saw several movies over the holiday.

Scott Pilgrim: I agree with the above comment. There were some really funny moments that would not register with a lot of people. I would take it a step further and say that you have to have been a video game player, as well as a child of the 80's and 90's.

The Mothman Prophecies: I saw this years ago, but my brother insisted that it's one of the "scariest movies" he's ever seen, so I had to see it again. It was entertaining. I would not say it was particularly scary.

Airplane!: Hilarious. I'd never seen it before.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights: This was a lot funnier when I was a child. It's pretty dated. There were some funny moments and it was a nice parody of the Errol Flynn film, but all-in-all, I was not that amused.

How to Train Your Dragon: Beautiful looking movie and entertaining, as well. It wasn't a masterpiece, but was enjoyed. It would be a great movie for kids.

On Demand has a pretty awful selection of movies. They add things and remove them very quickly.

I actually liked the book more. I read the book first.

I saw several movies over the holiday.

Scott Pilgrim: I agree with the above comment. There were some really funny moments that would not register with a lot of people. I would take it a step further and say that you have to have been a video game player, as well as a child of the 80's and 90's.

The Mothman Prophecies: I saw this years ago, but my brother insisted that it's one of the "scariest movies" he's ever seen, so I had to see it again. It was entertaining. I would not say it was particularly scary.

Airplane!: Hilarious. I'd never seen it before.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights: This was a lot funnier when I was a child. It's pretty dated. There were some funny moments and it was a nice parody of the Errol Flynn film, but all-in-all, I was not that amused.

How to Train Your Dragon: Beautiful looking movie and entertaining, as well. It wasn't a masterpiece, but was enjoyed. It would be a great movie for kids.

On Demand has a pretty awful selection of movies. They add things and remove them very quickly.

Wow, you had never seen Airplane before? Great movie, I haven't seen it in years. Leslie Nielsen just died the other day.

Wow, you had never seen Airplane before? Great movie, I haven't seen it in years. Leslie Nielsen just died the other day.

Yeah, AMC was doing a tribute to him. That's why it was on. I loved him in the Naked Gun movies.

Whoops, I forgot one:

Atlantic City: Oddly, I've watched Burt Lancaster grow up onscreen this year. At the beginning of the year, I watched "From Here to Eternity." Since then I've seen: The Leopard, Judgment at Nuremberg and now Atlantic City. I'd never heard of Atlantic City until my brother found it on the On Demand list. It was all right. I never knew Susan Sarandon was cute. I've never seen Bull Durham.

Last edited:
Fahrenheit 451. A strangely amusing film, quaintly ridiculous yet thought provoking at the same time. Not the kind of film that could succeed today I think.

Highlight for me was when Julie Christie's character threw her husband's electric razor in the bin and presented him with "the very latest thing" - a straight razor! Was a great joke back then (1966.) If only they knew that one day proper wet shaving would have a resurgence.

[youtube]kfH7H-5IAao[/youtube]

Last edited:
Harry Potter 7.1

Verdict: skip.

EDIT: For the record, I've enjoyed the HP books and *most* of the movies.

This one isn't my favorite, but I thought they did the best they could with it. They had to make this one to stay fairly true to the books and explain more of the story. Considering, I thought it was pretty good.

Watching Eraserhead now.

I gave it a chance because of all the hype a few years ago. One of the worst movies I've seen.

Top Bottom