What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Am watching Cleopatra right now. Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, etc. Seems awful, frankly! And I do not think seeming highly dated is the only problem!

Someone seems to have an obsession with ET's cleavage. I think of myself as liking ET, but by current standards away physically she looks pretty bad, at least to me. Fat and kind of unhealthy. Not so the dancing girls and the like.

I've never found Elizabeth Taylor to be particularly attractive. There were a lot better looking broads from Hollywood's golden age, in my opinion: Rita Hayworth, Grace Kelly, Ava Gardner, Ingrid Bergman. My Mom always raves about how beautiful Elizabeth Taylor was, but I've never seen it. Also, Cleopatra was considered to be a flop. It had the highest budget ever at the time it was made.

In the last week, I've seen the following:

Joan of Arc: Silent French film. I've never seen a film that was completely silent. The Chaplin and Keaton films have always had music added to them. This was a pretty odd experience.

Ballad of a Soldier: Russian film about a soldier's journey from the lines back home. Really a heartbreaking film without being showy about it. I definitely recommend it.

District 9: It was all right. Interesting ending.

Marathon Man: Was all right. I liked Olivier.

Am watching Cleopatra right now. Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, etc. Seems awful, frankly!

Someone seems to have an obsession with ET's cleavage. I think of myself as liking ET, but by current standards away physically she looks pretty bad, at least to me. Fat and kind of unhealthy.
Do you mean that cleavage?:001_smile

And yes, Cleopatra was panned pretty well by the critics. I was in grade school when it came out in the theaters. My dad took my mom on their anniversary, and I remember them coming home and telling the babysitter that it surely didn't live up to the hype.

Book of Eli. Meh it was ok...a little too religious for me. I like Denzel, the action sequences were good, and Milla Kunis is smoking hot. Worth a watch but not a buy.

Do you mean that cleavage?:001_smile

And yes, Cleopatra was panned pretty well by the critics. I was in grade school when it came out in the theaters. My dad took my mom on their anniversary, and I remember them coming home and telling the babysitter that it surely didn't live up to the hype.

That cleavage was appropriate and that movie excellent! That movie is why I think I really like Liz Taylor!

More like this cleavage:001_smile

proxy.php

what were they thinking.

Geez, you as old as I am!

That cleavage was appropriate and that movie excellent! That movie is why I think I really like Liz Taylor!
Yes, my photo is from Cat--one of my favorites. If you want to see a beautiful Liz Taylor, and a good movie to boot, try and get ahold of "A Place in the Sun" with Montgomery Clift and Shelly Winters. Could be considered dated, but on the other hand, it's timeless. Recommended. And as I said, one gorgeous Liz Taylor.

Yes, my photo is from Cat--one of my favorites. If you want to see a beautiful Liz Taylor, and a good movie to boot, try and get ahold of "A Place in the Sun" with Montgomery Clift and Shelly Winters. Could be considered dated, but on the other hand, it's timeless. Recommended. And as I said, one gorgeous Liz Taylor.

Thanks for the tip. Love Cat.

I just watched The Last Picture Show and completely loved it. McMurtry created something special with this film and the score was phenomenal!

"The Party". A++++++ :thumbup::thumbup:
with Peter Sellers. Pure genius. This is probably the 20th time wife and I are watching this and every time, we get a kick out of it. Never tire of Peter Sellers.

Scott Pilgrim v. The World

Entertaining, but I didn't really get it - if there was anything to get.

Get him to the Greek

Some belly laugh moments but also some gratuitously gross unfunny ones as well. The prequel, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, was better.
Funnier than The Hangover or Hot Tub Time Machine, bur falls short of the better movies of the genre like 40 Year Old Virgin or She's out of my League.

Last edited:
I watched Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. I hated it. I cannot understand why this movie got the reviews it did.

I haven't seen this one and after several friends told me they turned it off it was so bad I don't have much an interest in it at all.

Get him to the Greek

Some belly laugh moments but also some gratuitously gross unfunny ones as well. The prequel, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, was better.
Funnier than The Hangover or Hot Tub Time Machine, bur falls short of the better movies of the genre like 40 Year Old Virgin or She's out of my League.

Get him to the Greek was terrible. I might have laughed 2-3 times but nothing significant. With movies like Get Him to the Greek, The Hangover and Hot Tub Time Machine I am starting to fear the world may actually be descending into the realm of real Idiocracy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom