What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Finished Headshot this morning, ultra violent Asian martial arts movie. Story takes a back seat to some really bloody fights.

Free Guy with Ryan Reynolds and Jodie Comer. This movie surprised me because I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. The movie is better than the previews make it look to be.

"Ronin" (1998). A truly sterling post Cold War action-espionage thriller from John Frankenheimer. I pretty much watch it whenever it pops up (it's free on YouTube these days).

There's a lot going on, so each successive viewing can be a novel experience, so rich is Frankenheimer's direction and detailing. Not to be overlooked is David Mamet's taut script. It's the reason the cast talks the way it does and it's great.
One of favorites, right up there with "Heat"

Anaconda (1997).

I forgot how absolutely terrible this movie is. John Voigt pretending he is Don Corleone is just awful. Owen Wilson and JLo are also brutal.

- 1000000/10

A movie this bad should at least be entertaining. Not this steaming pile.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Anaconda (1997).

I forgot how absolutely terrible this movie is. John Voigt pretending he is Don Corleone is just awful. Owen Wilson and JLo are also brutal.

- 1000000/10

A movie this bad should at least be entertaining. Not this steaming pile.
I don't understand, Owen Wilson and JLo have such a bona-fide reputation for classic films! :lol1:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Cry macho.
However did not complete it. Long time Clint movie fan. Have seen almost everything he’s done starting with rawhide. But this film is unwatchable IMO. He looks great I’m sure for 91 but seriously he’s so feeble it’s ridiculous. He needs a stunt double to film a scene walking down the street. His voice is so low, weak and aged you can’t hear it. He’s sitting down in scenes. He’s supposed to rescue a kid. Get in fights, ride a horse. Romance a woman 1/3 his age. The plot is formulaic and frankly silly from what I saw. I just can’t suspend my disbelief to watch the whole thing. It’s a disgrace. I hope this isn’t what he’s remembered for. Clint. Hang it up.

Cry macho.
However did not complete it. Long time Clint movie fan. Have seen almost everything he’s done starting with rawhide. But this film is unwatchable IMO. He looks great I’m sure for 91 but seriously he’s so feeble it’s ridiculous. He needs a stunt double to film a scene walking down the street. His voice is so low, weak and aged you can’t hear it. He’s sitting down in scenes. He’s supposed to rescue a kid. Get in fights, ride a horse. Romance a woman 1/3 his age. The plot is formulaic and frankly silly from what I saw. I just can’t suspend my disbelief to watch the whole thing. It’s a disgrace. I hope this isn’t what he’s remembered for. Clint. Hang it up.
Completely agree. This could have been great as little as 10 years ago, perhaps around the time of Gran Torino. Or they could have changed the story to fit his declining physicality. Or he could have asked Kevin Costner to do it.

51AED67E-DFB2-4BC7-827D-506FC4773E30.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
A movie from the 1940’s called “Woman in the Window” with Edward G Robertson. Pretty good really for the age of the film. I am sure that it was made in black and white and the version that I saw was colourised.

Top Bottom