What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Another is the 1995 Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. We watch once a year. Just purchased the newly restored 4K version, and it’s stunningly clear.

767C89CD-8006-49A6-AAD2-6C9884278D51.jpeg

Finished up the 7 serious movies of the Universal Frankenstein series. Didn't do A&C because I packed all my movies away for new carpeting and don't know which box it ended up in.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
"Ronin" (1998). A truly sterling post Cold War action-espionage thriller from John Frankenheimer. I pretty much watch it whenever it pops up (it's free on YouTube these days).

There's a lot going on, so each successive viewing can be a novel experience, so rich is Frankenheimer's direction and detailing. Not to be overlooked is David Mamet's taut script. It's the reason the cast talks the way it does and it's great.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
"Traffic" (2000). Twenty-one years old, topical, and yet still timely. Just a great multi-threaded tale told by Steven Soderbergh (Best Director Oscar) with an Oscar-winning performance by Benicio Del Toro as an idealistic Mexican narco-cop. Much human drama, and much food for thought, especially as our drug problems have only worsened since the film's debut. Included with Prime.

"Ronin" (1998). A truly sterling post Cold War action-espionage thriller from John Frankenheimer. I pretty much watch it whenever it pops up (it's free on YouTube these days).

There's a lot going on, so each successive viewing can be a novel experience, so rich is Frankenheimer's direction and detailing. Not to be overlooked is David Mamet's taut script. It's the reason the cast talks the way it does and it's great.

I loved that movie

Top Bottom