What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Ten Seconds To Hell from 1959. A story of six German soldiers who return to Berlin after WW2 and are employed to defuse unexploded Allied bombs. They enter into a tontine with the survivor retaining their wages. The bomb disposal scenes are excellent and a fine performance from Jack Palance, an under rated actor I think.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Switch on the ol' Fletnix last night and watched "The Railway Man" . One good film.

Big up for Deadpool as well cryhavoc.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
"Look Out, Mr. Moto" (1938). The inscrutable one deals with nefarious goings on in Cambodia. Typical Moto: all ratiocination right up until the very end when things turn into a pier six brawl and Moto prevails using mysterious Oriental martial arts. Lotsa' fun.

Point of curiosity: How does Mr. Moto keep his white suit and white shoes so clean through out those fight scenes?

Plenty of free Mr. Moto and Charlie Chan motion pictures on YouTube these days. The prints are sometimes lousy, but the price is sure right. Enjoy them for what they are before they're cancelled.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
"Contraband Spain" from 1955. Black and White about smuggling Watches and Counterfeit money plates.

1617663296676.jpeg

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Godzilla vs Kong

Both visual and auditory sense overload. Will give your home theater subwoofers a workout for sure. Special effects look great, on our 4K HDR set video quality is impressive. Nearly 2 hours of almost non-stop Titan class bouts. Little plot or character development, but that's not really the goal here is it

Justice League the Snyder Cut. I'm not a big Zack Snyder fan, but it is a big improvement over the awful theatrical release.

I read your post and decided to watch it (I’d planned on skipping). You’re right, it’s a huge improvement. I actually was an hour into the four hours before I saw a scene I remembered from the theatrical release. I hated that movie so much I told my wife I was done with all future DC sourced films.

My only complaint with the Zack Snyder Cut, which shows I don’t appreciate the artist’s vision, is I wasn’t a fan of the 4:3 screen format.

Godzilla vs Kong

I love the original 1954 Gojira, before they cut it and inserted Raymond Burr for the 1956 US release of Godzilla. My favorite Kong is still the original 1933. The best CGI in the world can't make films better than the originals. The only Godzilla film worth watching since the original is Shin Godzilla.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I love the original 1954 Gojira, before they cut it and inserted Raymond Burr for the 1956 US release of Godzilla. My favorite Kong is still the original 1933. The best CGI in the world can't make films better than the originals. The only Godzilla film worth watching since the original is Shin Godzilla.

No argument from me

Although I'm partial to the 1976 Kong version. I mean, Jessica Lang. . .

Top Bottom