What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

"UNSANE" from Director Steven Soderbergh. It's a psychological horror film. It was really disturbing and very much a Horror film, which is surprising for Soderbergh. A young woman moves to another city because she's being stalked. She tells her story to a sympathetic therapist who just has her fill out some routine paperwork. She didn't realize she was self committing to a psych ward. She hits someone and it turns into a week stay. Don't want to give any spoilers, intense film.
I believe this was shot on an i-phone. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Two bad 'uns over the past two days. One really good one in the mix as well.
The Good: Mudbound, very well shot and performed.
The Bad (I'll let you decide which I found enjoyably bad and which I found sadly bad)
The United States Vs. Billie Holliday--fictionalized life story of jazz great
Primal--Nic Cage as big game hunter trapped on a ship with a killer jaguar and a serial killer

On a WW1 kick and taking a short break after part one of my FA J'Accuse (1919) dvd. I'm trying to decide if it's worth upgrading to the MOD blu-ray. Next up are John Ford's "Four Sons" and Valentino's "Four Horseman of the Apocalypse". I'd love to have blu-ray releases of those last two.

On a WW1 kick and taking a short break after part one of my FA J'Accuse (1919) dvd. I'm trying to decide if it's worth upgrading to the MOD blu-ray. Next up are John Ford's "Four Sons" and Valentino's "Four Horseman of the Apocalypse". I'd love to have blu-ray releases of those last two.
When I was in my tweens, our pbs station ran a series of Valentino movies, 4 Horsemen, The Eagle, Son of t the Sheik and Blood and Sand. He was really quite a talent.

Top Bottom