Triple Frontier
Superbad (really lived up to its name)
Goodfellas
30 minutes or Less
The Outpost

Last edited:

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I’ll second that. The wife and I watch it every few months. One of the snowflakes at work watched it one night and was talking about how misogynistic the movie was. I figure she’s also for rewriting history. Nice kid, but she’s still a kid.

The potential issue is that kids eventually grow up, and start running things.

We watched Ava (2020) the other night. Despite a pretty darn good cast we end up with a completely average action comedy with a trite script and storyline that's been rehashed for the gazillionth time. I think the message of; women can do anything men can do, but better, especially martial arts and guns and stuff, came across loud and clear. Yawn.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The potential issue is that kids eventually grow up, and start running things.

We watched Ava (2020) the other night. Despite a pretty darn good cast we end up with a completely average action comedy with a trite script and storyline that's been rehashed for the gazillionth time. I think the message of; women can do anything men can do, but better, especially martial arts and guns and stuff, came across loud and clear. Yawn.
Wasn't it Robert Heinlein who said that anytime women shoot for equality with men they are lowering themselves?

Honestly, I call my lovely wife the War Department out of admiration. She can do lots of things better than I, including setting up a battle plan. She proved to me in childbirth and the rearing of said child that she is superior to me in every way that matters besides being a male DNA donor. We make a truly deadly team, but without her I would be zombie food within 24 hours, whereas she would be leading the opposition forces of mankind.

But each sex has distinct skill sets that compliment the other. About the only thing I do better than her are medic/nursing skills and cutting hair. And she's not as good at mechanical thinking as I am.

But as far as loving the unlovely, when she gets home to heaven the crowns she'll receive will make mine look pitiful. I'll truly be looking for crumbs from the Master's table.

Hollywood is not about entertainment or education in it's subject matter anymore. It's about re-engineering the Tanned Farmer's brain, neutering my cerebral cortex.

On a happy note, we watched a Hallmark movie and I didn't get all teary, lol! Man Card still in wallet. Me Tarzan, She Jane (with a wicked right hook!)

We watch the new Pixar film "Soul". I usually like Pixar films, but this one just didn't do it for me, it felt similar to Inside Out but not as good!

I’ll second that. The wife and I watch it every few months. One of the snowflakes at work watched it one night and was talking about how misogynistic the movie was. I figure she’s also for rewriting history. Nice kid, but she’s still a kid.

It's not rewriting history or cancelling culture to speak the truth. I'm sorry if that's inconvenient for some. And I'm sure the 'kid' will be just fine.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Wasn't it Robert Heinlein who said that anytime women shoot for equality with men they are lowering themselves?

Honestly, I call my lovely wife the War Department out of admiration. She can do lots of things better than I, including setting up a battle plan. She proved to me in childbirth and the rearing of said child that she is superior to me in every way that matters besides being a male DNA donor. We make a truly deadly team, but without her I would be zombie food within 24 hours, whereas she would be leading the opposition forces of mankind.

But each sex has distinct skill sets that compliment the other. About the only thing I do better than her are medic/nursing skills and cutting hair. And she's not as good at mechanical thinking as I am.

But as far as loving the unlovely, when she gets home to heaven the crowns she'll receive will make mine look pitiful. I'll truly be looking for crumbs from the Master's table.

Hollywood is not about entertainment or education in it's subject matter anymore. It's about re-engineering the Tanned Farmer's brain, neutering my cerebral cortex.

On a happy note, we watched a Hallmark movie and I didn't get all teary, lol! Man Card still in wallet. Me Tarzan, She Jane (with a wicked right hook!)
As you are a tanned Michigan farmer can you tell us if have you had any dealings with The Amazing Dr Pol?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
As you are a tanned Michigan farmer can you tell us if have you had any dealings with The Amazing Dr Pol?
My wife is actually very good friends with one of his friends. Her husband was one of his students. His wife and mine were actually teachers together in a Homeskool Co-op. If you saw the show where they had a birthday party for the good Doc, you probably saw her family. Is it National Geographic that does that show? Either way, the producers offered him a show of his own. Lol, he turned 'em down flat.

He's got a house full of kids from 20 to 7 or 8 years old. And a farm (like me, just a Gentleman's farm, lol) and didn't like the idea of doing anymore stuff.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
An Imperfect Murder (2017).

Not a long film but it felt like forever, watching it. Alec Baldwin and Charles Grodin are billed, but both have very small roles in the film. Pity.

Last edited:
The Jazz Loft According to W. Eugene Smith (2015) on Amazon Prime. Watched it for the jazz and it did not disappoint ( :14 segment with Thelonious Monk practicing / playing in Smith's loft ). A prolific Life magazine photographer ( one of his pics ). Wounded while standing, taking a pic as a Japanese motor round explodes taking out his upper jaw and embedding shrapnel in his spine. Fascinating documentary. 9/10

Saw a few this weekend. News of the World, very good western. Fatman, Mel Gibson as Santa, I enjoyed it. Hamilton, very good musical. Promising Young Woman, exciting "me too" movie.

proxy.php

Broken Hearts Gallery 7/10 not a bad film comedy drama film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom