What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
4D6GlPtBKR3MOxn9W7cpKp75WVZ.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Just finished Ben-Hur. #100 on the 100 greatest movies list. How this is #100 and Citizen Kane is #1 is shocking. Wouldn’t bother me if they switched places.
Ben Hur with Charlton Heston is one of my all time favourites movies. I also like all the 1960/1970 disaster movies such as Airport, The Towering Inferno etc. To me a great time in Hollywood Disaster Movies.

I got my grandson to watch King Kong 1933 and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with me. He preferred Kong but asked why they couldn't make it in color. I should have said they tried, but it took them twice as long to tell the same story.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I watched the 1959 black and white 'Cover Girl Killer' starring Harry H Corbett. Corbett is best known for his wonderful pathos filled portrayal of Harold Albert Kitchener Steptoe in Steptoe And Son, a role which led to him being typecast and missing out on serious roles. In this early performance he shows the missed opportunity of his post Steptoe career, and reveals himself to be a very fine character actor indeed. Recommended 👍

original.jpg

CASANOVA (1927).

Re-watched Casanova (1927) this morning while my wife was out. The other day when I watched, I kept losing track of which of the 5 main female leads were which. With the gowns of the period (1700s), wigs/no wigs, and fake beauty marks that changed places or removed, at times I lost track of who was who. Not to mention that one of them sometimes dressed as a man. Like many silent films, especially the European films, it was more enjoyable the second time around.

The People We Hate at a Wedding.

A few funny parts, but not an Academy Award contender by any stretch. 🤪

Meh. Happy wife, happy life.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Gods of Egypt. What a train wreck. An unmitigated pile of Camel Dung.
Took one for the team. Watched so you wouldn't have to, or be tempted to.

Introduced the oldest to TLOTR: Fellowship of the Ring. I have the trilogy as the special extended edition DVDs. She was shocked when disc 1 ended at the concept of having to put in a 2nd DVD. That being said, she really enjoyed it. Though didn't seem ready to start reading the trilogy yet.

Top Bottom