What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Watched Old on HBO. It is easily one of the most poorly written and confusingly shot movies I've seen ever.
Amen, brother

Watched Old on HBO. It is easily one of the most poorly written and confusingly shot movies I've seen ever.

I saw the OLD trailer when it came out and thought it might have potential. Apparently not. Glad I didn't waste the time and money.

The last film my wife and I saw together in a theater was 2013 Gravity (Bullock). I normally like Bullock, but can't stand one person (EGO) films. The last time I was in a theater was to see a limited engagement of Shin Godzilla. The original 1954 Gojira is still a favorite. Hollywood ruined a good monster, like they ruin everything else. My wife refused to go, so an adult daughter humored her crazy old man and went with me. We both enjoyed that one, so we had a nice father-daughter night out.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Stranger On the Third Floor (1940)

Attachments

• Strangeronthe.jpg
    Strangeronthe.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
I watched The Many Saints of Newark on a flight home on Sunday. It was…disappointing honestly. Halfway through I felt like I was still waiting for the plot to form. If it started with any potential it was quickly lost.

My wife has been helping out at our daughter's place this week, so I've been able to binge on the 5+ hour dvd's of Feuillade's French silent serials, Fantomas & Judex, that I haven't watched in a couple years. If I can get one more day this weekend, I'll be able to rewatch my 7hr BD of Les Vampires.

In between the silents, I even managed to squeeze in THE HURRICANE, a 1937 film, free on Prime, with Jon Hall and Dorothy Lamour. I don't think I've seen that one in 30+ years. I enjoyed it, but the slow pacing would have driven my wife nuts.

Watched Blow-Up for the about the umpteenth time. I really love this movie. Everything about it, story, shot composition, original score, sound. The ending still blows me away. I was watching the documentary on Blow-Up earlier and they had a great interview with the manager of the band The Yardbirds and his explanation about how The Who missed out on the movie role that was so obviously written for them.

Top Bottom