What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

TOPPER RETURNS (1941). While all three Topper films are great, this one has Roland Young AND Joan Blondell who we both enjoy. My wife and I usually agree on most movies from the 30s & 40s, however she won't watch a Bogart and I won't watch Bette Davis.

TOPPER RETURNS (1941). While all three Topper films are great, this one has Roland Young AND Joan Blondell who we both enjoy. My wife and I usually agree on most movies from the 30s & 40s, however she won't watch a Bogart and I won't watch Bette Davis.
What could be wrong with Bogey or Bette?

What could be wrong with Bogey or Bette?

I never liked Bette, and my wife never liked Bogey. Married over 50 years, so we've learned to just disagree and move on to something else. No big deal. The family joke is that the two of us staying married to each other, makes 2 other people very happy.

Since I get the last word for a change, I will say that "Deadline-USA" is my favorite Bogey film.

I never liked Bette, and my wife never liked Bogey. Married over 50 years, so we've learned to just disagree and move on to something else. No big deal. The family joke is that the two of us staying married to each other, makes 2 other people very happy.

Since I get the last word for a change, I will say that "Deadline-USA" is my favorite Bogey film.
My daughter and I both enjoy Treasure of Sierra Madre a lot.

On a strong recommendation from a trusted source I watched Split Second with Rutger Hauer. Now, had it been said to me, "this is soooo bad you're gonna love it," I think I would have a great time. Instead I kept waiting for it not to be a complete train wreck of a movie. Dialogue sounds like it was made up as it went along, the creature was way too easy to beat (notwithstanding the sequel bubbles), Hauer looked like he had just spent the past 6 months seeing how much pasta he could eat on a daily basis, Cattral existed solely to flash her breasts. It was fun seeing Ian Dury in anything, but it would have been better to hear him sing.

Badland with Mira Sorvino, Bruce Dern, Trace Adkins... appeared to be be low budget. Some of the acting was a bit highschool play reminiscent, but it was a good story line and kept me entertained.

Badland with Mira Sorvino, Bruce Dern, Trace Adkins... appeared to be be low budget. Some of the acting was a bit highschool play reminiscent, but it was a good story line and kept me entertained.
not familiar with it, but with Sorvino and Dern I would imagine acting to be stellar.

We watched the justice league. Snyder cut.

It wasn't bad at all. We took 4 days to watch it. Definitely a huge improvement to the one they released a few yrs ago.

Office Space.

Such a classic. It had been a bit since I’d seen it. This was on constant rotation in the barracks in Okinawa when it came out. Just had us all rolling. Still made me laugh again today.

Streaming on Amazon Prime. I believe it was Hitch’s last English movie before heading to Hollywood. Fun, funny and a little suspenseful. His cameo is unmistakable, on the train platform near the end.

I finally got around to seeing it. Great movie. Currently free on Tubi.

Just watched Willy's Wonderland, one of those gonzo out there Nic Cage experiences. Not quite the level of a Mandy, but close. Nic has no lines in the entire movie, a wonderful dance sequence near the end, and really proves that acting is not about being able to read lines but move on screen.

A Buster Keaton film, THE GENERAL (1926). With my wife gone for a bit, I felt I was safe watching one of my 400-500 silent films. For anyone who's never seen a silent film, I usually recommend The General, or Nosferatu if they've read one of the greatest books of all time. My usual silent film preference is a 4-7 hour French or German silent, but my wife didn't plan on being gone that long.

I read somewhere years back, that a reporter once asked Keaton how he did all those stunts without being hurt. Keaton lifted up his shirt and his whole body was black & blue. Not likely to find an actor today, with CGI, risking that.

Some of the characters were played by themselves and are actually part of this unknown (to me) cowboy culture on the streets of Philadelphia. Pretty good movie.

Top Bottom