What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
...and who else remembers when the Independent Film Channel was the place to go to see indy films that would never be aired anywhere else? At this very moment, and for the next 6 hours, that zany show Three's Company with Jack Tripper is on there.

Road to Perdition. I just couldn't get into it. It was really slow & it never seemed to take off for me & before I knew it, it was over. I was surprised by the ending though.

My name is Nobody (1973)

I’m sorry, I just can’t get into slapstick westerns except for “Blazing Saddles.” Obviously sped up fight scenes, gun draws and slapstick turns me off even if I know it’s supposed to be tongue in cheek.

proxy.php

THEM! Best of the 1950 giant bug movies, and I've seen them all. Great actors like James Whitmore, James Arness and Edmund Gwenn, the chirping of the unseen ants, and the kid screaming THEM make it a classic. My old dvd looks so clear, that I never upgraded to blu-ray, which chops off the heads, bottoms and sides of the screen. Blu-rays are not always an improvement on the original, especially 50s b&w films.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
2020 Harrison Ford version of The Call of the Wild.
I can't believe that this movie wasn't made in a direct attempt to destroy the Jack London story.
Virtually everything about this movie deviated grossly from the written version and for no other apparent purpose but to be politically correct and avoid offending one group or another.
It certainly wasn't done to make the film appeal to kids, as even in its watered down state, it's too violent for kids.
Throw on top of that the ridiculous CGI dog, and his amazingly human like reasoning and communication powers and you have a mess that is unappealing to the largest portion of your audience.
No wonder that it received a well deserved box office bombing.

Top Bottom