What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

I am one of the few people I know who never saw any of the Star Trek movies and has only seen a some of the TV episodes. I am running out of things to stream, so yesterday I watched Star Trek 2, The Wrath of Kahn. Not bad. The allusions to Moby Dick and the moral ethical dimensions of the story were thought provoking. Leonard Nimoy was great but I still think that Denny Crane was Shatner's best role.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Giant with Rock Hudson & Elizabeth Taylor.

And uh....some fella named Dean, yes?

1596500479151.png

My wife was a fan of the Edna Ferber novel.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I was an SK book fan from the late 70s til the late 80s when he lost it and began repeating himself. I probably have 3 boxes of King crap from that period in storage. My favorite screen adaptions were Dead Zone (both movie and tv series) and Stand By Me.

I'm one of the legions of King's Constant Readers and I will admit that his earlier stuff (back when he was a substance abuser) is generally better. With some notable exceptions of course.

IMHO the best adaptation of any of King's work to the screen is The Shawshank Redemption

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
That movie with Dick Van Dyke, ‘chitty chitty bang bang’. Good music and dancing, but I thought it was silly.

RED. (Retired-extremely-dangerious). Mindless entertainment, free on prime. Die Hard movies on steroids. John Malkovich joining Bruce Willis takes gratuitous, and fun, violence to a new level. Mary-Louise Parker, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren and Brian Cox add to the fun.

RED. (Retired-extremely-dangerious). Mindless entertainment, free on prime. Die Hard movies on steroids. John Malkovich joining Bruce Willis takes gratuitous, and fun, violence to a new level. Mary-Louise Parker, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren and Brian Cox add to the fun.
I loved both REDs movies. I really like Hellen Mirren.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 3.44.39 PM.png

I really liked this film. I went in totally ignorant about it but glad I watched it. A really good sci-fi horror flick with an old school sort of Kubrick (and perhaps a bit of Lynch) style. The cinematography and score I thought were outstanding. A bit slow moving but I always felt engaged. This one stuck with me (like Mother! did) Disturbing. Beautiful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom