What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

My wife and I like old black & white movies from the 30s and 40s, so I asked my wife to let me choose one this afternoon. Little did she know I came across an old collection of Mr. Moto dvd's with Peter Lorre. We didn't even make it through the opening credits of the first one before she took control of the remotes and banished me back to the computer room. :mad3:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
My wife and I like old black & white movies from the 30s and 40s, so I asked my wife to let me choose one this afternoon. Little did she know I came across an old collection of Mr. Moto dvd's with Peter Lorre. We didn't even make it through the opening credits of the first one before she took control of the remotes and banished me back to the computer room. :mad3:
I watch Casablanca every year. At my age, watching movies I’ve watched previously is almost like seeing them For the first time 😂

I watch Casablanca every year. At my age, watching movies I’ve watched previously is almost like seeing them For the first time 😂

I love Casablanca, but wife hates Bogart. One of my favorite Bogart's is a bootleg of Deadline USA (1952), but I can't get my wife to watch it.

Happened to catch the new Roman Polanski film out in December 2019.

I know he has a bit of a bad rep in the US but this is a wonderful film.

J'accuse (The Officer and the Spy)

I Remember Mama with Irene Dunn & Barbara Bel Geddes
1E1B8A44-4F6F-4C01-A72A-764F35DBAAE9.png

Same same here. Oddly, I can almost quote Casablanca. Favorite movie ever.
I had the opportunity to see Casablanca with a very appreciative university audience about 40 years ago. This brought the movie to life for me, the cheers, the appropriate laughs, everything that an audience would have done nearly 40 years before then.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I had the opportunity to see Casablanca with a very appreciative university audience about 40 years ago. This brought the movie to life for me, the cheers, the appropriate laughs, everything that an audience would have done nearly 40 years before then.
The film has been remastered now and the black & whits is beautiful as is the sound. I do love black & white.

I Remember Mama with Irene Dunn & Barbara Bel Geddes

Dang, meant to record that one. There are certain films I've probabably seen hundreds of times, and yet I still record them whenever they are on TCM. Three of them are: I Remember Mama, The Enchanted Cottage and THEM! I liked it much better when the TCM booklet came every month. I'm not that good checking their online schedule.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
"The Devil Wears Prada." Wicked, yet warm chick-flick that does a good job portraying the advertising/publishing/fashion business. Meryl Streep just dazzles as an Anna Wintour boss from hell.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Last couple of days:

Polar
Color out of Space
Dunwich Horror

Got away from Westerns for a bit.

Plandemic Documentary: The Hidden Agenda Behind Covid. No wonder it's being scrubbed from the internet and debunked. It makes the sheep question the info we're being fed.

Top Bottom