What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Yesterday--The critics seem to not like it, but I thought it was great. What happens when the world forgets the Beatles ever exsited except one unhearalded musician who starts performing their songs as his own? Made me appreciate the music all the more. Very sweet.

Saw Joker last night. I really hope they continue the new Batman in the same universe. Brilliant performances and a compelling story.

Saw Judy. Nothing revelatory about her life, but Zelwegger had Garland's mannerisms down to a T. I only wish they had dubbed actual Judy Garland singing.

Just watched Plague Dogs. One of the best animated movies of all time, music, animation, vocal performance, story, all outstanding.

Ok...I watched The Joker with Joaquin Phoenix. I was prepared for a flop, but was pleasantly surprised.

I don’t know what it is about the Joker character, but the role seems to really have given a couple actors their possible magnum opus. It was obviously for Ledger, and I must say, if he never made another film, it could be for Phoenix too.

Release controversy aside and film criticism aside, I think DC has a good film here. Their dark, gritty, torturous style may not fit most of their films, but it works perfectly for this one. I think Phoenix rivals Ledger’s Joker in his own unique way.

The Shooting and Ride In The Whirlwind. The Shooting is slightly superior, but both are great western and really show why Jack Nicholson became a star.

Godzilla Raids Again. I had never seen Godzilla Raids Again (aka Gigantis, the Fire Monster) until it's premiere on TCM and it took me 2 days to get through it without falling asleep. Gojira (the original Japanese Godzilla, without Raymond Burr), the Japanese version of Rodan and Shin Godzilla are still my favorite Toho films.

John Wick 3....somewhat film noir. Action scenes border on the extreme fantastic. And he has to lose that suit..

The first Wick was great. The second was typical Hollywood with tedious, extended fight scenes & more CGI. After seeing previews of that fake CGI motorcycle scene in the 3rd, I gave it a miss.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Went to see Jexi last night with my wife. Theater had nice recliners and was comfortable. Movie was kind of funny, kind of stupid, very shallow. Having said that, it was an OK way to spend 80 minutes emptying my brain. ;)

Top Bottom