What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

The Plague of Florence (1919) and The Spiders (1919/20). My wife gave me the Fritz Lang Silent Film Collection last week. The only caveat with the gift is that she can't be downstairs near the tv room and preferably not even in the house when I watch them. The first two were easy (100 & 170 minutes). The challenge will be finding time to watch the 4-5 hour films.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The Plague of Florence (1919) and The Spiders (1919/20). My wife gave me the Fritz Lang Silent Film Collection last week. The only caveat with the gift is that she can't be downstairs near the tv room and preferably not even in the house when I watch them. The first two were easy (100 & 170 minutes). The challenge will be finding time to watch the 4-5 hour films.

They're too terrifying for her or what?

it took me a week to get through the siegfried movies.

wife and I saw The Farewell over the weekend. It was a lot better than I anticipated and Awkwafina is one actress to watch.

Dora the Explorer could have been worse...for real. A few scenes really had me chuckling. Maybe it was nostalgia for my daughter watching the cartoon at 3 and now watching the film at 8, but it was better than I imagined it would be. Often when I take my daughter to a movie I fall asleep!

Watched Lady Hawk with Matthew Broderick, Michelle Pfieffer and Rutger Hauer. Kind of like Legend light, very 1980's, fairly romantic and pretty enjoyable.

Midnight Cowboy, recently added to Netflix in the UK. It must be well over 30 years since I last saw it on TV. I'd forgotten how good it was.

tried to watch Her Smell last night. Made it about 20 minutes and it didn't seem like it was going anywhere. It appeared more like a stage play that was filmed than anything else. I might try to watch more, but I doubt it.

Top Bottom