What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Old Man With a Gun. They don't make them like this very much anymore. Charming slow little film with a lot and of perfect performances.

I watched Al Pacino on Sunday evening too. The 80's version of Scarface was running in the background, while tending to a pile of shoes and boots. "All I have in this world...."

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Its been a long time since I watched this one. Not an easy movie to watch but it is very good.

Its been a long time since I watched this one. Not an easy movie to watch but it is very good.

Good movie, but I don't know if I could take a second viewing. There are a handful of really good movies I don't think I could view again because of how uncomfortable they made me. Come and See, The Seven Beauties, Happiness, Antichrist (to name a few).

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Good movie, but I don't know if I could take a second viewing. There are a handful of really good movies I don't think I could view again because of how uncomfortable they made me. Come and See, The Seven Beauties, Happiness, Antichrist (to name a few).

25 years later gave me a better perspective, or maybe understanding. Not sure which. Nicholas Cage and Elisabeth Shue hit a really high mark in it. The pinnacle of their careers, so far.

I did see Antichrist when it came out but I'm not sure I could watch it again in another 25 years. Lars von Trier is a very compelling writer and director. Like Terrence Malik, sometimes I'm driven to watch witness their movies.

One of my all time favorites.

I havent seen the others you mention, but I'll have a look for them.

I watched this last night. Not quite as powerful but very good. It left me conflicted. It's very subtle. I'll be thinking about it a while.

Went to see Yesterday...well, yesterday. It was a mildly amusing fantasy, but I was shocked at some of the gaping plot holes that nagged me throughout the movie. Curtis has done better as has Boyle, but Lily James is a delight to watch.

Top Bottom