What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I also saw Dylan in 65 in Louisville when he was doing the first half solo and 2nd half with The Band (or whatever they called themselves then).

Dylan in 1965 touring with The Band would have been an experience.

You might enjoy this being a music fan of that era. Its excellent.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm sure a lot of people have seen this by now. But, some people say a picture is worth a thousand words. It does have some good songs...CCR Bad Moon Rising and such.

proxy.php

DSC_0018 (2).JPG

DSC_0025 (2).JPG

I watched Robocop for the first time yesterday. The original obviously, not the reboot.

I didn't realise how graphic it was in places. I can see why it became iconic though.

I watched Robocop for the first time yesterday. The original obviously, not the reboot.

I didn't realise how graphic it was in places. I can see why it became iconic though.
Never watched RoboCop!! I saw it as a kid, but the TV version was more PG13. Yeah, it is pretty graphic.

Peter Weller is actually an art history professor and has even appeared on the History Channel as one of their experts.

I enjoyed the new RoboCop movie, but I still prefer the original.

Dang you!

I wanted to see Kong: Skull Island when it came out, but I don't go the theaters anymore since they don't have intermission where you can get a potty break or go get a snack, so I just now ordered the DVD. I'll pop some regular kernel popcorn and dose it with salt and melted butter before I start the Kong movie.

I like the tropical jungle movies...I've seen Mighty Joe Young about three times.

Yeah those are great! Thanks for the idea. I missed Kong: Skull Island in theaters, gonna have to watch it at home soon. The original B&W Kong was amazing, with all the jungle island scenes and the way they did suspense back then.

During Godzilla I sweated bullets until the monsters took a smoke break and the humans were having a pity party. Then bolted out and back. Bladders' ain't what they used to be.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Yeah those are great! Thanks for the idea. I missed Kong: Skull Island in theaters, gonna have to watch it at home soon. The original B&W Kong was amazing, with all the jungle island scenes and the way they did suspense back then.

During Godzilla I sweated bullets until the monsters took a smoke break and the humans were having a pity party. Then bolted out and back. Bladders' ain't what they used to be.

Skull Island was pretty good, and the extra DVD with "Special Features" has what type of technology they used for the animation in it. Top tier computer animation.

I saw the original King Kong on TV several times. Saw the 1998 remake of Mighty Joe young, but not the 1949 original but did see the trailers on YouTube. Ben Johnson was around for a long time. The original Mighty Joe Young ape movements are as jerky as the original King Kong, but that was great animation for that time period.

I'd like to see the new Kong vs. Godzilla, but I'll wait for the DVD to come out. That may be a couple of years.

I'm sure you can spot Ben Johnson in the trailer.

Skull Island was pretty good, and the extra DVD with "Special Features" has what type of technology they used for the animation in it. Top tier computer animation.

I saw the original King Kong on TV several times. Saw the 1998 remake of Mighty Joe young, but not the 1949 original but did see the trailers on YouTube. Ben Johnson was around for a long time. The original Mighty Joe Young ape movements are as jerky as the original King Kong, but that was great animation for that time period.

I'd like to see the new Kong vs. Godzilla, but I'll wait for the DVD to come out. That may be a couple of years.

I'm sure you can spot Ben Johnson in the trailer.

Oh man I haven't seen the old Mighty Joe since I was a kid, and didn't even know there was a remake. They're on the to-watch list too now. Great animation indeed. The attention to detail that went into the stop-motion is pretty awesome. I can't wait for the modern Kong vs. Godzilla either. Or will it be Kong vs. Godzilla vs. ??? :yikes:

Sabotage on Netflix. Stars Arnie and, a decade ago, would have been a direct to DVD film despite a pretty decent supporting cast (Terrence Howard, Sam Worthington, and a couple other recognizable faces).

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This is well worth watching.

The Accountant of Auschwitz (2018) - IMDb

"The children. They are not the enemy, at the moment. The blood inside them, is the enemy." The opening line and the most chilling thing I've ever heard.

He was the only Nazi that came to trial and didnt deny. He admitted he was there and said what was done.

This is his indictment, for killing "at least 300,000 Hungarians."

View attachment 988369

My mothers parents came to Canada from Hungary during November 1929 because her father saw what was happening. What caught my eye are the dates, May 16 1944 to July 11 1944. My sisters birthday is May 16 and my mothers is July 11.

Currently watching this;

Shoah (1985) - IMDb

It's 9 1/2 hours long and is incredibly in-depth.
Where are these available?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Where are these available?

I'm not sure which streaming service might have them available. I would think Shoah to be virtually impossible to find on any commercial streaming services.

The last time I suggested the alternative I use to paying multiple streaming services for things to watch I was attacked so I wont say where or how I got them. You can PM me if you're interested though, I have them.

Edit: I just had a look on Youtube. Shoah is there, complete and with subtitles, apparently.

So is this, although its not quite the same as the one I have;

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm not sure which streaming service might have them available. I would think Shoah to be virtually impossible to find on any commercial streaming services.

The last time I suggested the alternative I use to paying multiple streaming services for things to watch I was attacked so I wont say where or how I got them. You can PM me if you're interested though, I have them.

Edit: I just had a look on Youtube. Shoah is there, complete and with subtitles, apparently.

So is this, although its not quite the same as the one I have;

I did more digging, and it looks like it's Showtime. I may have to do their free trial period.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
The wife and I went to see the 3rd installment of John Wick yesterday.
Parabellum
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Top Bottom