What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I Am Mother on Netflix.

I really wanted to like it. There were good aspects to the movie. I got the point of it (I think), but it's sort of like a one joke book. There's just not much there in my opinion. I'd like to say it's more interesting than it is, and, for a while, it looks like it may be, but it grows more and more thin.

I wrote and posted this before seeing Mike's previous post on the same movie. I'd probably agree that it's not bad. It's just not good either.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I Am Mother on Netflix.

I really wanted to like it. There were good aspects to the movie. I got the point of it (I think), but it's sort of like a one joke book. There's just not much there in my opinion. I'd like to say it's more interesting than it is, and, for a while, it looks like it may be, but it grows more and more thin.

I wrote and posted this before seeing Mike's previous post on the same movie. I'd probably agree that it's not bad. It's just not good either.

Happy shaves,

Jim

It certainly had potential but yeah, its a bit lackluster.

If you want one that you'll remember and think about long after you've seen it Jim, try Mother!

I watched it when it came out and its still on my mind lol.

Last edited:
Farewell My Lovely ....... 1975
hb farewellmylovely 75.jpg

The Aftermath (2019)

This is a beautifully made film where the story rules.

Expect some Oscar nominations. Especially best actress, best adapted screenplay,
cinematography.

Isn't It Romantic, a fun parody of rom-coms I just wish I enjoyed Rebel Wilson more because everything else was pretty funny.

The Enchanted Cottage (TCM). I wish someone would remaster this 1945 Dorothy McGuire/Robert Young film and release a BD. It's my second favorite "love story" after the 2004 French film "A Very Long Engagement".

Rolling Thunder Review about Bob Dylan's 1976 concert tour. By Martin Scorsese. Netflix.

Just noticed this listed late last night. My wife, myself and our 6yo daughter were at the 1976 opening show in Lakeland, Fla. We lived over 3 hours away and got home about an hour before work, but it was worth the $8.00 a ticket. I may have to watch it by myself. My wife hates concerts and music on tv and my oldest, despite us trying to bring her up with good music, went on to prefer "Dead" (Def) Leopard to Dylan.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
My wife hates concerts and music on tv and my oldest, despite us trying to bring her up with good music, went on to prefer "Dead" (Def) Leopard to Dylan.

They're not dead.

Tour | Def Leppard

I've seen them three times and Dylan once. Bob Dylan was so drunk he couldnt even play. G.E. Smith covered for him and took over which was alright too.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

They're not dead.

Tour | Def Leppard

I've seen them three times and Dylan once. Bob Dylan was so drunk he couldnt even play. G.E. Smith covered for him and took over which was alright too.

I will tell her about the tour, but not sure they'll be close to her in PA. I called them Dead Leppard just to annoy her. As a teen, she annoyed us enough. I also saw Dylan in 65 in Louisville when he was doing the first half solo and 2nd half with The Band (or whatever they called themselves then). The great thing about Rolling Thunder was that also you also got to see Joan Baez, Roger McGuinn, Kinky Friedman and others. I'll have to watch and see how many they captured.

Top Bottom