What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

On a plane overnight Saturday so plenty of time to choose. Bad Times at the El Royale...

It passed the time, but at the end of it, I can't say for sure if I had liked it. So that probably means I didn't like it that much. OK for a plane but glad I didn't pay for the cinema ticket!

Ah the joys of Transatlantic flights

The Predator - bad in all ways. Made zero sense. Terrible acting. A couple of decent laughs but otherwise a waste of time

Bad Times at the El Royale - thoroughly enjoyed it. Great cast, Tarantinoesque plot, kept me engaged throughout. Of note, Chris Hemsworth is bloody good in this.

The Meg - avoid at all costs. Made The Predator look like Close Encounters. Horrible script, ludicrous plot, acting so bad it makes you cringe. If they'd played it for laughs it might have worked.

Bohemian Rhapsody - not sure what everyone sees in this. Disjointed, inaccurate, lots of Rami Malik staring forlornly into space. Love Queen, love Freddie, but this didn't work for me. However, I blubbed like a baby by the end.

Bohemian Rhapsody - not sure what everyone sees in this. Disjointed, inaccurate, lots of Rami Malik staring forlornly into space. Love Queen, love Freddie, but this didn't work for me. However, I blubbed like a baby by the end.
The love of this movie is lost on me as well. I did enjoy Meyer's one line about rejecting the title song in favor of I'm In Love With My Car. Had me laughing out loud.

The love of this movie is lost on me as well. I did enjoy Meyer's one line about rejecting the title song in favor of I'm In Love With My Car. Had me laughing out loud.
Those digs at Roger were good too.
Though to be honest, there has seldom been a rhyme in a song as genius as "Told my girl, I had to forget her, rather buy me a new carburetor"

Watched Soylent Green for the first time over the weekend. The 70's schlock acting & wardrobe aside I thought it was a pretty good movie. While I normally don't like remakes, more to the point I don't like how most remakes are garbage, this could work well with a modern twist. They pulled it off with I Am Legend.

And sorry for the spoiler but.....
proxy.php

Watched Soylent Green for the first time over the weekend. The 70's schlock acting & wardrobe aside I thought it was a pretty good movie. While I normally don't like remakes, more to the point I don't like how most remakes are garbage, this could work well with a modern twist. They pulled it off with I Am Legend.

And sorry for the spoiler but.....
proxy.php

Thing is . . . with Soylent Green, even people who have not seen the original understand the "McGuffin". I just cannot see it getting the go ahead without SERIOUS change, which would naturally ruin things.

At home: Watched Goldfinger two nights ago to celebrate ordering a 1964 Gillette Slim that appeared in the movie.

In theater: Got to take my family to a pre-screening of How To Train Your Dragon 3 - their all time favorite series. It was awesome!

Bohemian Rhapsody. Not a very deep biopic, but very well done. I quite liked it.

Also, Glass. Not as good as Split, but James McAvoy is still phenomenally good. Worth watching for his performance alone. Probably completely indecipherable if you haven't watched Unbreakable and Split first.

The Upside, with Brian Cranston and Kevin Hale. Wasn't sure I would enjoy it, but my wife wanted to see it. Actually was really good, and I found myself laughing often and well!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thinking about First Man, I think the problem was the subject- Neil Armstrong. He was a very even keeled person, unflappable. That makes for a boring movie. I have a boss like that- if his pants were on fire he’d calmly walk to the nearest fire extinguisher and put the fire out. Lousy movie material, great person to have around when stuff is hitting the fan.

Top Bottom