What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Lincoln in the movie theaters last week. AMAZING!

Saw it today. Glad to say it was not your typical Hollywood movie. Just a great collection of fine actors working together. Daniel Day Lewis portrays Lincoln as a decent man trying to do his best for his country and it's people. The end is just heart breaking. Not ashamed to say I was crying in the theater.

I agree. It is a great movie. It is not a movie for a person who has a short attention span, who hates epic U.S. History, and needs to me entertained with action and violence. It is an eye opening history lesson, and a side of a story that is rarely shown. A must see for everyone.

I watched The Expendables the other day. It didn't do anything for me. Once you get passed seeing a bunch of famous action heroes onscreen together, it's an average action movie, in my opinion. The dialogue was really bad. Mickey Rourke, however, was great in his brief appearance.

After a couple of foiled attempts over the past few weeks, finally saw Skyfall last night. I thought it was quite good, though there were a few glaring mistakes. I don't think the wife was very impressed - I caught her dozing off at one point.

"The Scapegoat" starring Alec Guinness in 2 roles, excellent acting, script with plot twists galore, and "The Day of The Jackel", probably the best thriller/suspense movie I have ever seen.

It's probably been 15 years since I last saw it, but watched Pulp Fiction this evening. I really like the movie, but had forgotten what a terrible actor Quentin Tarantino was in his small cameo bit. He put together a good movie, though. Can't have it all, I guess.:biggrin1:

Top Bottom