What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

IMG_6448.jpeg

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Rebel Moon part 2
I would say they critics were right in their low scores for this. Some did like it, but not many.

Pretty much the visually feast you expect from Zach Snyder, but, IMO, easily 30 minutes too long.
2/5 from me. But it's an easy enjoyable ride.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Rebel Moon part 2
I would say they critics were right in their low scores for this. Some did like it, but not many.

Pretty much the visually feast you expect from Zach Snyder, but, IMO, easily 30 minutes too long.
2/5 from me. But it's an easy enjoyable ride.
The wife and I started it last night, and by 30 minutes in, both of us had enough of how grand it thought itself was.
The first one wasn't great, just ok.
It was a cheap retelling of The Magnificent Seven, which was a retelling of 7 Samurai.
The second one was a cheap retelling of War and Peace.
Not the plot, just the tedious slug through a lot of grandeur for no real reason.

A Very Long Engagement (2004), a French film (English subs) starring Audrey Tautou as a woman searching for the truth about her fiancé who disappeared, along with 4 others, from the trenches of the Somme during WW1. One of my all-time top 10 films. A mystery and love story, with great special effects for the period, and the trench warfare scenes. I had the dvd for years, but lent it to someone and never got it back, so I wound up buying the HD digital copy from Amazon.

Well it's really a tv movie / miniseries, BUT, I watched this again.. Even though it was about Marine Recon , and I was Army Special Ops ...... It makes me think about when we were in the sandbox and also of being outside the wire.....

Generation Kill

WARNING , For some , This , May , Trigger PTSD !!!!

Last edited:
I just watched Hardware.
I had seen it once before on videotape about thirty years ago.

My most vivid recollection was of one of the characters watching
a GWAR music video with Stigmata by Ministry dubbed over the audio.
And then it started getting weird.

Ruthless (2023) an American remake of sorts of Taken with Mulrooney a poor substitute for Neeson. Still some decent choreography and a 90 minute run time made it palatable

Dune: Part Two is well done, especially the visuals, but a bit predictable (and I have not even read the books).

Everything Everywhere All At Once is great and more than little quirky. Had a bunch of different themes running through it, and took some twists that made it interesting, with excellent acting from the whole cast, including Jamie Lee Curtis doing something different (took me a while to recognise her).

Starts a little slow, setting the scene, but gets pretty lively after that. Can be very visually intense at times, lots of cuts and movement, and detail to pay attention to, including subtitles, and with a powerful audio track.

The House of Mystery (La Maison du Mystère) a 1921 10 part French silent serial made by Russian expats. Nice restoration from Flicker Alley with a great piano score.

I'm way behind on the Mission Impossible series. I just started watching Rogue Nation and the bad guy towards the beginning of the film sure reminds me of Robert Fripp (Guitarist from King Crimson) when he was younger. Is it just me? Or do you see the resemblance? Fripp on the left here:
1713924224189.png

Top Bottom