What's new

The ladies like this, too

Recently, my wife has been enjoying wetshaving. So much so that I got her an e-Shave brush and some creams/soaps I thought she'd like (I get to use them as well!). She told her mom and sister how much she's been enjoying shaving and their interest was piqued. To satisfy their curiosity, I bought them both brushes and placed an order with Saint Sue over at St. Charles Shave for a number of items. A few days after getting their soaps and brushes, my sister-in-law had to call me right after she got out of the shower to tell me she'd never go back to the stuff in a can. She couldn't believe how soft and smooth her legs were! Do any of you find your significant others or women family members becoming wetshavers?

My wife doesn't use the brush every shave (for time reasons), but has swarn off buying any canned products in the future. When she doesn't have time for the brush, she just uses the SCS Shave Stick for Chicks and loves it.

There's not a lot of love thrown around for women's products here, seeing as this forum is frequented mostly be gentlemen, but I'd thought I'd share just in case some of you were contemplating a purchase for a lady in your life.

Ya know, I've been contemplating the same sort of thing for my wife--she laughs when I tell her I'm getting her her own brush and cream, but I suspect she'd like it if I did.

The eShave brush is a no brainer, but besides the Chick Stick, what other shave creams did you get for her--and what was your reasoning?

My girlfriend is completely sold on these Venus things, it's kind of like a mach 3 with a block of stuff round it. She won't entertain the idea of a DE razor. I even shaved a chunk of my leg hair to demonstrate, she was still not interested.

From St. Charles, my wife really likes the Savory Rose, Orange Sorbet, and the Shave stick. I let my mother-in-law and sister-in-law choose what they wanted and they both picked Almond and Orange Sorbet. My mother-in-law also bought Shamrock and the Shave Stick. Not shaving related, but my wife RAVES about the Foaming Spa Butter. Loves loves loves it.

I also picked up a tub of the Taylors Rose (new formulation) and my wife gets a real kick out of using it. She's used my C&E Sweet Almond Oil and liked that one as well.

She also likes using Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel.

I also got her one of those long handled vintage ladies Gillettes, but she's not quite as keen on trying yet. I need to clean it up, but I think she'll give it a go.

Jonnybc said:
My girlfriend is completely sold on these Venus things, it's kind of like a mach 3 with a block of stuff round it. She won't entertain the idea of a DE razor. I even shaved a chunk of my leg hair to demonstrate, she was still not interested.

It's really the brush and good soap/cream combo that has gained interest. None of them are really interested in a DE.

My g/f has a Savile Row brush, Blue Lady Gillette DE, and a few creams, including Taylor's Almond and Nancy Boy. For her birthday she'll be getting one of the e-shave brushes, and a cake of St. Charles Savory Rose.

Randy

S

Sam

my wife uses the KMF Lavendar and loves it, but wont go to a brush

Sam

SWIWLTP is very much sold on cremo creme. I'm thinking of obtaining one of those long-handle lady gillettes for her. She is pretty hesitant about the DE thing, but she cuts herself so much with the BIC disposables she usually uses that I can't imagine it being worse....

I bought my wife a Merkur long handle and QED Vanilla shave stick a few weeks ago. She seems to enjoy the quality shaves, and realizes its a lot cheaper than Gillette cartridges. I've been having her use my stock of Israeli blades, since I switched full-time to Feathers-- she was not pleased when I slipped a Feather in her razor without telling her.:w00t:

I envy her every time she shaves her legs in the tub-- I wish I could soak my face underwater for 10 minutes before I shaved everyday...

-Scott

My wifes Birthday is in a couple weeks...I can imagine the look on her face when she opens up my new razor...umm..her new razor and some creams. I think I may do this just for laughs. She is intrigued with all of the different creams and soaps that I use. She comes over in the morning to check them out and give them a sniff. She hasn't expressed any interest in using my creams yet though. Now which razor to buy?:confused:

boboakalfb said:
My wifes Birthday is in a couple weeks...I can imagine the look on her face when she opens up my new razor...umm..her new razor and some creams. I think I may do this just for laughs. She is intrigued with all of the different creams and soaps that I use. She comes over in the morning to check them out and give them a sniff. She hasn't expressed any interest in using my creams yet though. Now which razor to buy?:confused:

Get something special and affordable ; a golden Merkur with diamonds

The wife has and Omega boar and the Tyrwhitt Lemon and Cedarwood cream. I got two bowls of this when I ordered it. One for each of us. I'm glad I did because she gave me a look that said I wasn't getting that one back! Her first cream was Salter's Rose.

Regards, Todd

Sam said:
my wife uses the KMF Lavendar and loves it, but wont go to a brush

Sam

Offer to whip/brush it for her... :biggrin: see if she likes the brush that way.

SWMBO still uses her cans O' goop sometimes, but she usually uses KMF as a brushless most often (I think)... she doesn't use a DE (uses the M3-equivalent for chicks) and I don't think that I would try to convince her to (she swings that razor with such force that it would be frightening for her to get her hands on a DE!).

roughrider said:
I guess we'll soon be creating a sub forum for the ladies.

A bit like a golf club where women gt access between 9 and 10 am and are most definitely not allowed in the bar?

So I've been offering to make my wife a bowl of lather with my brush to shave her legs. Every time I offer, she thinks about it, and then says no, so I stopped asking.:redface:

Last night I read a post about cleaning your brush, and decided I was way past due on this task. I marched upstairs, broke out the Nancy Boy shampoo and some conditioner, shampood up the badger, squirted a blob of conditioner on it and swirled it in my bowl a few times, and came back downstairs to watch the tube.

When I went back upstairs to bed for the night, my wife wrapped her leg around me and whispered in my ear, "How does that feel?" As I started to get amorous:tongue: , she laughed and said, "No, I wanted you to see how close I shaved with the cream you made me!"

I started to laugh, and told her that it wasn't lather in the bowl, but conditioner and water whipped up a bit! She said it was a bit watery, but still better than what she usually uses!

Next time we'll have a convert!

And don't ask what happened next. . .:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Top Bottom