What's new

The Knights of the Veg Table - An Honor Roll Call for the Chosen

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Used the Veg for the first time today. A pleasant scent. Just smelled like baby powder to me. Not bad at all. I was thinking “woot! I’m chosen!“. Then the burn set in. Then the redness set in. Then I realized nope, not chosen!

No other aftershave has given me this reaction. Burn and very very red wherever I applied it. Something in it my skin don’t like. Had to wash it off. Glad it was just a sample bottle of it.

Used the Veg for the first time today. A pleasant scent. Just smelled like baby powder to me. Not bad at all. I was thinking “woot! I’m chosen!“. Then the burn set in. Then the redness set in. Then I realized nope, not chosen!

No other aftershave has given me this reaction. Burn and very very red wherever I applied it. Something in it my skin don’t like. Had to wash it off. Glad it was just a sample bottle of it.
Sorry you had that reaction. I would not use that product again.

Razor: Gillette 1976 W1 Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20211231_075349.jpg

I bought a bottle of the Veg a while ago. I put some on after shaving yesterday. Last night my wife said she liked the scent I was wearing. For the last few weeks she’s had a bit of a head cold so she probably wouldn’t have noticed it during that time. I looked to see if there was a Veg soap, but there doesn’t seem to be one. Recommendations for soaps which would be compatible/complimentary, anyone?
Looks like I may be chosen.
Jack

I bought a bottle of the Veg a while ago. I put some on after shaving yesterday. Last night my wife said she liked the scent I was wearing. For the last few weeks she’s had a bit of a head cold so she probably wouldn’t have noticed it during that time. I looked to see if there was a Veg soap, but there doesn’t seem to be one. Recommendations for soaps which would be compatible/complimentary, anyone?
Looks like I may be chosen.
Jack
I'm assuming you mean shaving soap? Wholly Kaw makes Vetililac which I think pairs very well with the Veg.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
OBIF

Razor:
Karve SBD with LHF handle
Blade: Gillette Platinum (8)
Brush: Shavemac 22/50
Soap: Vitos Extra Super Coco
ASL: the "Veg"
20220214_185011[1].jpg

Razor: Schick N3 Injector razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
PSX_20210811_0841048.jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
SOTD

Razor:
Fatip Mk1
Blade: Gillette Platinum (13)
Brush: Rudy Vey 25mm Mühle STF Synthetic
Soap: TFS Ginestra di Taormina
ASL: the "Veg"

As the month of February comes to a close I realized it was not only Fatip Friday, but I heard there was a call out for "the Knights of the Veg Table".
On top of that, my Cobalt Blue 2022 B&B Contributor Brush with the 25mm Mühle STF Synthetic knot showed up in the mail today and I couldn't wait to try it out.

I started out loading my new Rudy Vey brush on the puck until it started forming lather, then went straight to my neck and built a lather that could not be beat after a dip in the water mug.
This is my first Rudy Vey brush, and it sure is a wonderful brush to behold and a pleasure to use. I can already tell that it is going to one of my favorite brushes. I love it already.

The Linea Intenso line of TFS shaving soap is absolutely luxurious and performs well above the price point. The scent is just enough to let you know it is there during the shave and pairs extremely well with Lilac Vegetal.

I went with my standard three pass shave, the first N-S pass being close enough to call it quits with a DFS, the Mk1 just spells efficiency with a capital F for Fatip.

As close as the first pass was, I could really feel the blade as it reduced the remaining stubble in slow steady passes that did not encourage any buffing at all on the second S-N, mostly ATG pass.

After a dip in the water mug for a nice thin lather, the third N-S pass was mostly for show, as this is a balls out, take no prisoners type of razor, it is a freaking hot-rod leaving me with the closest shave of the year.

Sure the Witch hazel stung a bit, and the "Veg" lit my neck on fire like usual, but the Nivea balm came to the rescue and confirmed that "there was nothin' left".

No redness, no weepers, no stubble, just a Damn Close Shave.

doug
20220225_183055.jpg

20220320_114315.jpg

This is my first time with Lilac Vegetal. I ordered a sample bottle way back during the Black Friday sale.

Took a whiff of the bottle before the shave, got the rotting vegetation scent. Applied liberally after the shave. Nice burn! Then I was getting the restroom scent, which is not bad, but not great. Now, the drydown is wonderful! It's like fresh cut flowers, yet somehow masculine. I am one of the chosen.

I haven't seen my wife yet though...

Top Bottom