What's new

The Knights of the Veg Table - An Honor Roll Call for the Chosen

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
"He loved golf, classical music, and card games including pinochle, gin rummy, cribbage, bridge, and poker. David was an avid sports enthusiast. He possessed an amazing ability for numbers and languages - Yiddish, French, and German. He was tough as nails with size 14 shoes, a brilliant mind, and a great sense of humor. His aftershave was Lilac Vegetal."
That is a hell of an obituary. I remember the first time I tried it. I splashed it on and thought "what the hell?". I weathered the terror, and thought- hey this is good stuff. I like vegetal, and so does Navin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7why8Xo_RQ
Good enough for Navin, good enough for me. I know it was a comedy, but how many people were touched when his father gave him that Zippo? Back in the day, when money was tight, that was really something.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
That is a hell of an obituary. I remember the first time I tried it. I splashed it on and thought "what the hell?". I weathered the terror, and thought- hey this is good stuff. I like vegetal, and so does Navin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7why8Xo_RQ
Good enough for Navin, good enough for me. I know it was a comedy, but how many people were touched when his father gave him that Zippo? Back in the day, when money was tight, that was really something.

Yep, I'm glad Topgumby found and wrote that. It's a great obit.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I might be there this week as well. If I catch you there, ya gotta let me take a pic of your hand holding the bottle.
If you do, please video him applying it. The 11 o'clock news may end up documenting the end results :001_smile

The Veg will always be in my collection even as other aftershaves come and go...because it rarely gets used.

But when it's used, something will happen. Definitely something.

That is all.

The VEG is in my regular rotation and has a place of prominence on my AS shelf.

The VEG takes no prisoners

The VEG flies the red flag

The VEG plays Èl Degüello

The VEG gives no quarter.

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Expecting torrential rains and possible tornados today, so the veg will be on hold for at least another day.

Whew!

Well just call me Sir Vegelot The Chosen!

Look, we even have a theme song!

We're Knights of the Veg Table,
We 'Rock' when ere we're able,
We do routines and bathroom scenes
With facework impeccable.
We shave well here in Badgelot,
We wear Lilac Vegetal-a-lot.

We're Knights of the Veg Table,
Our shaves are formidable,
But many times, we use after shaves
That are quite un-wear-able
We're lather mad in Badgelot,
We sing from the single-edge-a looooooot.

The Veg is tough and able,
Quite indefatigable,
Between our shaves we build man caves,
And dress like Grant & Gable.
It's a busy life in Badgelot,
I have to wear The Veg-a-looooooot.

Last edited:
Sorry for the formatting guys, my iPhone ate my carriage returns.
*EDIT* Fixed it, much better

Last edited:
I love the Veg. Wearing it reminds me of springtime in the woods. Imagine someone saying to you "You know what would be good in an aftershave? Think the cloying sweetness of lilacs in full bloom. Add to that the dark, rich smell of decaying leaves after a rain and freshly turned earth. That's what would be good." You'd think that they were mad. But smell the Veg and you know it's genius. I don't know why it works, but it does. If only they made a fine tallow soap or a rich cream. Oh well, a man can dream.

As KOTVT, I submit that it is our duty to perform a quest. :a24:

Before moving on to larger, more noble tasks, perhaps an act of individual lilac loyalty.

With my fellow Vegeknights-errant as my witness, I pledge myself to rock nought but The Veg for half a fortnight.

Maid TG whilst not know what hath struck her. :a37:

As KOTVT, I submit that it is our duty to perform a quest. :a24:

Before moving on to larger, more noble tasks, perhaps an act of individual lilac loyalty.

With my fellow Vegeknights-errant as my witness, I pledge myself to rock nought but The Veg for half a fortnight.

Maid TG whilst not know what hath struck her. :a37:

Now that is a great idea, unit under the Veg Banner to quest upon the B&B realm as one,...
a fortnight it is,... (thats two days right ?)

Top Bottom